Dorothy Canfield Fisher Award

Willa of the Wood

on August 31, 2019

Willa is a young night-spirit living in the Smoky Mountains who must use her grandmother’s old magical ways to save human children stolen by the misguided leader of her own clan.

10 Responses to “Willa of the Wood”

1. Anonymous says:

For me this book was one that I felt like I just couldn’t put down even when I didn’t like it at times.

2. Lunar_Wolf12328 says:

Willa of The Wood was an amazing book because Willa does everything in her power to save the people she loves, her tribe and the wilderness. When she meets a man in the woods he becomes like a father figure to her and she becomes like a daughter to him. He confesses a sad secretto Willa and she knows that she can make his only wish come true. Willa also saves her tribe from their corrupt leader, and she saves a leopard from a trap that was in the water and almost drowned. Willa was an amazing character to read about. I loved the book Willa of the Wood and I think you will to.

3. skittles_ is_here! says:

I liked this book very much because it is a very creative, good story with many surprising plot twists and turns. At times my jaw literally dropped at what was happening. Personally, I think that the beginning is a little slow and didn’t really hold my interest at first, but once you get into it, you can’t stop. It had a very overused, classic twist about 3 quarters in but I really like the(spolier alert) part where she starts to become familiar with Nathaniel and loves him after she thought all humans were horrible, destroying monsters. I think it was an excellent study of lies and propaganda within your own group. I rate this nine out of ten stars for creativity with a little bit of boringness.

4. Ailatheninja says:

Out of left field was a book full of strength courage and sadly unfairness to women and girls. I really liked this book because Katy didn’t hang her head and cry when she got a rejection, she fought back. I love this book because even if you are the type of person who doesn’t care for baseball, you can still read it and enjoy it.

5. ecarg says:

I’ve never read this book but it looks amazing. Some of my friends have read it and they said it was awesome to read because it has so many characters to read about. Willa seems to be one of the best characters.

6. Ailatheninja says:

Willa of the wood was such an inspiring book about a nature spirit finding her role in life. This book totally could have been set in Vermont.My favorite part is when Willa goes to the lake of the bears.

7. kivyp00l says:

I agree with everyone else, Willa of the Wood is an amazing book! Personally my favorite part of the book is when Willa stands up to the Farren. What about you guys?

8. zozo13256 says:

I would recommend this book it is so good the writing is good the place is good i would so have you read this book Willa is a good character to.

9. zozo13256 says:

I would so recommend this book it is so good the wrighting is good the place is good i would so have you read this book.

10. Charlie Farrell says:

I love the nature themes of the book. It reminds me of hiking through the Vermont forests. I can imagine Willa living along the Long Trail. What is your favorite part of the book?