Dorothy Canfield Fisher Award

The Wonderling

on August 20, 2018
Life for the groundlings at Miss Carbunkle’s Home for Wayward and Misbegotten Creatures can only be described as miserable and for the shy, one eared, half fox, half human known simply as Number 13, life is particularly dismal. Friendless and alone Number 13 believes his fate is sealed and that a cycle of hard work, devoid of joy is his destiny. This all changes when he meets
Trinket, a birdlike groundling, that convinces him to escape thus launching him straight onto the midst of a courageous journey.

8 Responses to “The Wonderling”

1. Brooklynn says:

The wanderling is a really hard book but I liked it.

2. Hayden says:

This book is the best book ever because there is a fox named number 13 he was abandoned when he was a baby

3. Anonymous says:

The Wonderling is a fantastical book about a little one-eared fox groundling and his friend Trinket work together to overthrow the tyrannical headmistress
    Ms. Carbunkle and free the inhabitants of her home for wayward and misbegotten creatures.

4. Sacha says:

Hi Lucy- I am so glad that you liked The Wonderling! It was one of my favorites. If I was half animal I think I would be half sloth because I am tired all the time and have never been able to move very fast. Plus sloths are really cute!

5. Anonymous says:

The Wonderling is a fabulous fiction book about a half human half groundling named Arthur. I recommend this book for 4th 5th and 6th graders.

6. Lucy says:

I think this was the most meaningful book I have ever read, scratch that I know it is! I think that if I was half animal I would be half Pig. what would you be?

7. Sacha says:

If you were a half human, half animal groundling like Arthur, based on your personality, which animal do you think would make up your other half? Why?

8. Johnathan says:

I think I will read this book yall.