Dorothy Canfield Fisher Award

I am Princess X

on September 1, 2016

Two girls become 9780545620857inseparable friends as they bond over art and storytelling. Together they create Princess X. After a tragic accident, one girl mourns and eventually discovers that Princess X may not have died with her friend.

Save

35 Responses to “I am Princess X”

1. Manny F. says:

I thought this was a pretty good book although a I had low Initial ratings I kind of enjoyed it. My favorite character was Libby

2. Sofi says:

Is Princess X bad or good?

3. Purple Flower says:

I thought that I am Princess X was a very good book I thought it kept you on the edge of your seat. I loved how it also had comic parts and real book parts.

4. Graham says:

UNREALISTIC

5. Mrs.Babyboo says:

Happy Birthday.

6. 6th Grade class says:

This was an interesting book but we wish it had a better ending. The ending needed more details and should have been more realistic.

7. Anonymous says:

Happy Birthday

8. Mrs.Babyboo says:

I liked this book very much but I wish that there was a different ending.

9. Haven M says:

This book was interesting. It wasn’t one of my favorites but it was pretty good. Libby was my favorite character because she is brave and smart.

10. cheyennel says:

I like this book. when i read it was interesting. why do you think she want to have a haunted house with a princess.

11. RoseVT says:

Dear Emma J, what causes the mystery? How does I Am Princess X keep you on the edge of your seat? Does it use good descriptive words, or do the characters move you somehow? In what way is it mysterious and seat-edging?

12. Emma J says:

I think I am Princess X is a really good book. I like the mystery and the fact that it keeps you on the edge of your seat.

13. DiyaVT says:

I haven’t finished this book yet, but so far my favorite character is May. I like her because she is brave and whenever she makes up her mind, nothing can stop her from doing it. The part I just finished reading is when May and Trick were snooping around a construction site and trying to find clues about Libby. When I was reading that chapter, I was getting spooked out. The way the author described the scene, it felt like I was standing right by the characters, watching it happen. In the book, it said that Trick (Patrick) was a hacker. I wonder if he actually wants to help May, or if he’s trying to trick her into letting him hack her devices. So far this book is amazing, I can’t wait to finish reading it.

14. RoseVT says:

Dear cailan, how did that chapter about the Needle Man blow your mind? And in what way? A good blow your mind, or a bad? Which chapter was it? How did they beat him?

15. RoseVT says:

I think my favorite character in this book was Libby. She had the guts to try to escape the Needle Man’s house in the first place, and then, at the end of the book, she actually went back, even though she could have been killed. Then, in the middle of the book, she had to live on the street by herself. But she found Jackdaw, who was a street kid also. He took her in and taught her how to live on the street, while also lending her his computer so she could contact May. In my opinion, Libby was bravest person in the book.

16. cailan says:

Dear Caseyt,what where the other 5 books?

17. cailan says:

There was one chapter that blew my mind.It was when they beat the Needle Man.

18. cailan says:

Yes Ella the clues where they found items.

19. RoseVT says:

One thing I liked a lot about this book was that it included in it the Princess X webcomic. It helped to give a good sense of perspective to the story. It showed what was in the story but that wasn’t in the text. In a way, it filled in the blanks, but kind of twisted it, adding magic and a kingdom. Another thing I liked about the webcomic in the story was that it added a fantasy element to the story, and I enjoy reading fantasy a lot.

20. DelilahVT says:

The book is a great mystery. I love how every chapter makes you wonder what happens next. My favorite part so far is when May and Trick are finding out clues about princess x and Libby. I would recommend this book if you love a mystery.

21. EllaVT says:

Dear DelilahVT, Who is your favorite Character? I Like Trick because he is smart,nice, and cool.

22. EllaVT says:

I like the part when May finally finds libby.
    It makes me happy when characters that have
    been apart for so long have finally come
    together.

23. EllaVT says:

Dear cailan,
    Which one of the clues? Was it when Trick and
    May went into the Black Tazza?Or when they found the tablet?

24. Ella Averbeck says:

My favorite part of I am princess X from chapters eleven to twelve, to search the ruins of the Black Tazza because they had to find the mask with secrets in it’s eyes. I when Trick and May have also like the fact that there are comics inside the book.

25. cailan says:

The book is awsome.My favorite part is when they(May and trick)find some clues.

26. DelilahVT says:

I read the first couple of chapters and I think that they are awesome. My favorite part is when may starts to see princess x stickers and things everywhere.

27. hannahp says:

I like the book princess x because it is kind of a adventure boom to me and i like adventure books so that is why i like the book and it is interesting.

28. SarahVT says:

Dear kyleeg,
    did you also wonder what would happen if Needle Man didn’t save Libby? Would she die or save herself? How did Needle Man save her without killing himself? Is Needle Man really is evil or just willing to do anything for his daughter. I beet he is just grieving. What do you think? Would any of this happen if they were never hurt or in the some gym group?

29. SarahVT says:

Dear Zoe C,
    you’re right this books chapters do make you want to keep reading. I love the mystery in it. What is your favorite part? I like it when they are at the ruined Black Tazza. Do you like the setting even thought it’s creepy, and I agree it is very interesting. I’m not very fond of the cover, but like they say don’t judge a book by it’s cover. I am so glad I didn’t judge it and not read it. Do you like the cover? Have you finished the book?
    SarahVT

30. SarahVT says:

I think my favorite character is May, I like May because she is independent and strong. She doesn’t really care what her dad thinks of her or what anyone else does. I feel bad for May, she shouldn’t be going through this. But then again Libby has worse. I also like Trick he is funny and weird in his own way. I think that May is happy that Trick believes her that Libby is writing iamprincessx.com. I also think that Trick is the closest thing to a friend May has. I wonder if Trick will forget about May once he gets his 6.50? That is my favorite characters.

31. SarahVT says:

I think my favorite character is May, I like May because she is independent and strong. She doesn’t really care what her dad thinks of her or what anyone else does. I feel bad for May, she shouldn’t be going through this. But then again Libby has worse. I also like Trick he is funny and weird in his own way. I think that May is happy that Trick believes her that Libby is writing iamprincessx.com. I also think that Trick is the closest thing to a friend May has. I wonder if Trick will forget about May once he gets his 6.50? That is my favorite charaacters.

32. SarahVT says:

So far Libby and May have invented Princess X, my understanding is that Princess X is the best friend they always wanted but they never had and now they do. The great thing about this book is I’m only on the first chapter and It’s sucked me in already. I really love this book.

33. kyleeg says:

I am princess X is about two girls named may and libby. libby draws a picture of a haunted house with princess x in the picture then a couple years later Libby’s mom drives off the road and libby and her mom sank in the water except for libby the needle man a bad guy wanted libby for himself and saved her out of the water and libby becomes princess x.

34. Caseyt says:

yes I very much agree. I loved this book. It was my favorite out of the 6 I read. It was my favorite because I love mystery books. I would highly recommend it.

35. Zoe C says:

I really like this book. Each chapter makes you want to keep reading. It has a lot of mystery, the setting is creepy but interesting