Dorothy Canfield Fisher Award

Awkward

on August 31, 2016

9780316381321Peppi  is the new kid and just wants to fit in, but in an effort to keep from being bullied, she’s managed to hurt the one person who tried to be nice to her on her first day of school- a boy named Jaimie. Can Jaimie and Peppi still become friends and join forces to help their school… or is it just all too awkward?

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

24 Responses to “Awkward”

1. Evangeline says:

I loved this book
    🙂 :0 ^ &

2. Manny F. says:

i like the book awkward because it has a lot of excitement and interesting things

3. Jocelyn F says:

This book is a little on the dramatic side but it was a quick read about a girl named Penelope who wants to apologize to a boy she pushed on the first day of school but does not think that she has the guts to do it.Read this book as the 2 students grow to 2 friends.

4. hannahpeacock says:

I think you’re probably right! What else did you notice about this book besides the words?

5. on girl or no girl says:

peppi is a new girl and she is just trying to fit in with cool table and she is not good enjoe for that table

6. jimmyfallon says:

i think that this book has words

7. sophie says:

I think Awkward opened my book variety because usually I don’t like drama, but this was full of drama and surprisingly I liked this book. I also enjoyed this book because it got to the point right away unlike some books. The last reason I really enjoyed this book is because I like how in the art and science club worked together in the end.

8. Fifi says:

I loved awkward it was one of the best books I’ve ever read. And I’m surprised such a young girl made such a good book. Mind blown
    💥
    😱

9. Foxy 101 says:

The book is really good and funny

10. camden says:

I think it was a good idea for both of the clubs to build a planetarium together because it combined there skills and friend ships.

11. kylee says:

Awkward is a really good book. it is…….AWKWARD. Because there are a lot of awkward moments with Jamie peppi’s friend which he us what bullies say a nerd and peppi tries to stop the bullies. Peppi pushed jamie down infront of the whole school that is rude.

12. Emma J says:

I really enjoyed this book even though it was and made me feel a little awkward. It is about a girl who trips and drops all her books and suddenly a “nerd” helps her pick them up. All the bullies and mean kids start calling her “nerder girlfriend” so she pushes him and then everyone laughs at him. I think Awkward was a quick read and a great book.

13. RP ges says:

It was very enjoyable because, I thought that it was very fast moving.

14. KAges says:

I loved this book. It is a story about Peppi and her middle school life. She accidentally ran into a boy named Jamie from the science club. She thought it was really disturbing sense Peppi is in the art club. When they had there competition on who got the table at the fair Marebella stole the remote of the airplane that the science club was using what happens next?? Read the book and find out!!

15. ssjsskuramajake says:

Peppi didn’t mean to yell at and shove Jamie. She was just embarrassed because the mean kids were calling her “nerder girlfriend”. I felt bad for Jamie because he’s a “nerd” and he’s always alone and he has no friends until Peppi apologized. I also felt bad for Meribella because her dad wants her to be the best and smartest and she wants her dad to be proud of her but she just can’t do it. This book was very well written and I really enjoyed reading it.

16. cool guy says:

I personaley loved the book.

17. brady says:

it was a great book i personaly loved it

18. Haven M says:

This book makes me feel awkward. Peppi didn’t mean to yell at and shove Jamie. She was just embarrassed because the mean kids were calling her “nerder girlfriend”. I felt bad for Jamie because he’s a “nerd” and he’s always alone and he has no friends until Peppi apologized. I also felt bad for Meribella because her dad wants her to be the best and smartest and she wants her dad to be proud of her but she just can’t do it. This book was very well written and I really enjoyed reading it.

19. cheyenne l says:

I like this book a lot because it is intersing and funny. she got really in embarsses because they made funny of peggy

20. hannah says:

i like the book awkward because it has a lot of excitement and interesting things .

21. hannahp says:

I like the book awkward its about this girl that runs right into this boy and she thinks its awkward because every body looked at her. So that is what the book is about.

22. cydy eg says:

I think that this book is interesting. I really don’t understand why the bullies call Peppi, ‘nerder girlfriend’.
    It’s a bit weird.

23. Zoe C says:

Awkward is a book about a girl who bumps into a ” nerd” and then gets made fun of because she tries to help him. She ends up shoving him. The avoided each other until he is her tutor.

24. Caseyt says:

I think this book is a bit awkward. I think Peppy didn’t mean to scream at Jamie. But she was just so embarrassed because every one was making fun of Peppy.