Dorothy Canfield Fisher Award

Primates: The Fearless Science of Jane Goodall, Dian Fossey, and Birute Galdikas

on June 21, 2014

primatesby Jim Ottaviani.

An interesting and sometimes humorous look in graphic format at the lives of three of the most important scientists of the twentieth century.

15 Responses to “Primates: The Fearless Science of Jane Goodall, Dian Fossey, and Birute Galdikas”

1. #weirdo says:

I loved this book because I love monkeys and apes and things like that, and also it was a really good book because of Jane and to go on a lot of adventures and travel all over the world and thats like me because I love to go on adventures. I would highly recommend this book for anybody that likes adventures. I think that this is the best DCF book ever!!!

2. OFG GES says:

I like how it goes to three different scientist

3. D K-R GES says:

This book is awesome. I like it. I like when Jane finds her first bone.

4. I love monkeys n apes says:

This book is amazing! It kept me reading for a long time and it had a lot of detail, and its even better since it is a graphic novel. I would really recommend this book to whoever likes apes/ monkeys and graphic novels. My favorite part in this book is when Diane put a banana on the table and when she came back a gorilla took it, and it was totally by accident. I hope I find more books like this!

5. Haflingerpony Meg10 says:

I really did not like this book it was very BORING.I just barely finished this book and raturned it rite back to the library.

Well, it is certainly very different from Zebra Forest, which seems to be more to your taste! Have you tried Golden Boy? That has some high drama too. — Kate Davie

6. hockey-girl says:

I learned a lot about Jane Goodall, Dian Fossey, and Birute Galdikas. I didn’t know that Jane was interested in this kind of stuff since she was little. This was a really good book!

You might like to take a look at Me . . . Jane by Patrick McDonnell, if you haven’t already. It includes copies of some of the wildlife work Jane Goodall did when she was quite young! — Kate Davie

7. B-man says:

Imagine a world were three girls go into the jungle and studied gorillas,chimps and orangutans.

8. HR says:

I thought this book was great! I loved the way they loved treated the other life in the book.

9. CHEESE FLUFF says:

I just started this book and it’s very interesting. I realy like
    graphic novels so i thought this would be a perfect match.

10. MEW says:

Primates was a good book because the jungle was always an adventure to me and it could be an adventure to other people.

11. Louisa says:

I like that its a graphic novel!

12. sami says:

this book is great!

I agree, but can you tell us why? Kate Davie

13. lilchlosterpink9 says:

yeah I read all about Jane Goodall. Lil

14. catwomn555 says:

I really want to read this book – catwoman/ kiera

15. lilchlosterpink9 says:

I think Jane Good all is in this cause one time we where doing a thing where u dress up as someone who inspires u and I did Jane Good all with my monkey ooh aah
    . Lil

You are so right! I am eager to read this — I loved the picture book biography of Goodall that was on the Red Clover list recently. — Kate Davie