Dorothy Canfield Fisher Award

One Came Home

on June 21, 2014

one came homeby Amy Timberlake.

In 1871 Wisconsin, thirteen-year-old Georgia sets out to find her sister Agatha, presumed dead when remains are found wearing the dress she was last seen in, and before the end of the year gains fame as a sharpshooter and foiler of counterfeiters.

10 Responses to “One Came Home”

1. Pompeii7 says:

One Came Home is so mysterious. It is mysterious because so many things happen and you have to find out how they go together- like a puzzle. I love how the main character is so determined. I also love how the author builds up suspense. If you like mysterious kinds of books, then this is a book for you!

2. PD says:

This book, I felt, started off very slow. It took me a little while to get into it. But, as I got further into the book, it became more interesting and adventurous. A young girl named Georgia goes on a quest to find her assumed to be dead sister, Agatha. A boy who has loved Agatha for years also tags along with her. As they search, they start to get more than what they asked for. Give this book a try, I’m sure you won’t be disappointed.

3. Taylorswift22 says:

I’m going to try to read this book I have to get it from my library I hope I like it

I bet you will — let us know! — Kate Davie

4. Mara Doran says:

This book will take you on an amazing adventure! It takes place in 1871 and is about family love and friendship. I liked this book for its story line and the scary/oblivious events. The author will keep you interested until the very last page!

5. if says:

One Came Home is really extraordinary. [spoiler alert info deleted.] if you read it you will really like it.

Ooh, self-editing, I like this! — Kate Davie

6. braidedgirl says:

I was excited about reading this book because when I read the back it seemed interesting and I enjoyed it but it could have had a little details at the end.

7. firefly35 says:

I saw the book trailor for One Came Home, and it looked really good! I really want to read it! The plot sounds really good; full of suspense and mystery, and the cover of the book looks really interesting.

I think your speculations are correct on all counts! — Kate Davie

8. Cmc says:

I really liked this book. It had a lot of suspense.
    I did not really like the ending where [Spoiler info deleted].

Why do you think the author ended it that way? — Kate Davie

9. iballisticsquid says:

i have not read it yet but im starting it.

Please let us know what you think! — Kate Davie

10. lilchlosterpink9 says:

This might be sad even though I haven’t read it. Lil

Well, the best way to find out is to read it! Kate Davie