Dorothy Canfield Fisher Award

Far Far Away

on June 21, 2014

far far awayby Tom McNeal.

When Jeremy Johnson Johnson’s strange ability to speak to the ghost of Jacob Grimm draws the interest of his classmate Ginger
Boltinghouse, the two find themselves at the center of a series of disappearances in their town.

12 Responses to “Far Far Away”

1. yummyyum says:

Jeremy Johnson Johnson has a girlfriend named ginger who he kissed 3 times!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm. There was a lot of other action in that book too — did you like any of those parts? — Kate Davie

2. Pompeii7 says:

This book is so engaging! I couldn’t put it down! It is creepy at some points, but mostly really good. I loved reading about the adventures that the characters have. I definitely recommend this book!

3. TML says:

Far Far Away was a little confusing and interesting at the sametime. The book kept pulling me in and I wanted to read more and never stop reading.

4. Ashley says:

Although I thought I would never finish this book, I couldn’t stop reading it. It was very suspenseful and kind of creepy at some points in the book. To me it was very well put together and it was easy to find all of the five elements in the story (plot, characters, conflict, theme, and the setting). Overall I would have to give this book an A++ and would suggest everyone to read this book!

5. erar#BA BAM says:

I could not put Far Far Away down, for every page I had a new question and that was excellent to keep the book moving along, I am so voting for it! πŸ™‚

6. #Oh Snap says:

Far Far Away was SO good! I actually finished the book, but still went out and bought it. (Spoiler alert!) It astonished me when the baker kidnapped Jeremy and Ginger. Tom McNeal is such a good author because he made you think that the baker was a good person when he was really the finder of occasions! I REALLY loved Far Far A way, it is one of those books that you can read over and over and over and over again and never get tired of it. I am voting for Far Far Away when it comes time to vote! πŸ™‚

I’m with you, completely surprised by the plot twists. Or maybe, character twists! — Kate Davie

7. librarylady says:

Great overlaps to well-known fairy tales. Loved the fairy tale elements that could be picked out. A wonderful what-if? kind of tale. A bit frightening at times, and imagery could be gory, if you have those kinds of references in your head. If you could talk to an author from history, who would you want to talk to? I’d love to speak with Mark Twain.

8. Cam says:

I loved far far away because it’s not like any books I’ve ever read. Also it’s a kid who no one believes like me

You aren’t talking to Jacob Grimm, are you? Kate Davie

9. Michael says:

I really enjoyed this book; it was one of the darker DCF books and that’s probably why I liked it. I liked the main character, along with his ghost because they blend in with the original Grimms fairy tales seamlessly, only with a new sort of vibe. Action, spooks and surprises; what more could you want from this spectacular book?

10. AAM says:

This book was so far my favorite DCF book. It was very interesting and both a heartwarming and heartbreaking sotry. I have to say I was completely shocked at how this book ending. I loved the characters and how they fit together.

11. Emma says:

I really enjoyed the whole book. All the details that added up to create a creepy yet interesting ending. But I think everyone should read this book!

12. Amelia says:

This book is absolutely amazing! I love the creepy theme to it. Very action packed and on-the-edge-of-your-seat suspense. A must-read for any who love a good scare.