Dorothy Canfield Fisher Award

Escape From Mr. Lemoncello’s Library

on June 21, 2014

lemoncelloby Chris Grabenstein.

Twelve-year-old Kyle gets to stay overnight in the new town library, designed by his hero (the famous gamemaker Luigi Lemoncello), with other students, but finds that come morning he must work with friends to solve puzzles in order to escape.

122 Responses to “Escape From Mr. Lemoncello’s Library”

1. Zoe Russel says:

The book amazing especially my grandma seirra Russel.

2. gymnasticsAC says:

I liked this book because it has a lot of fun and games in it, and also because of the way that in the end, everybody works together, and they succeed!!!!!

3. Meow🐈 says:

Escape From Mr Lemonchellos library is just fun, sorta scary, and really crazy. If you read this book your mind will go POP! This is so unbelievable is what your mind will say.

4. Westwickedwitch says:

I have to say, I quite agree with Mr. Murry#. Escape From Mr. Lemoncello’s Library kept me in suspense the entire time I was reading it!

5. Pompeii7 says:

I love this story! I love it when it describes the library. The story kind of reminds me of Charlie and the chocolate factory. I really like the creativity and how the kids have to find clues. I think it is a great story and I recommend it.

6. #22Lacrosse says:

This was the most engaging book I have ever read. The way the kids work together to get out of the library. I would highly recommend it. I love this book and I think it is the Best dcf I have ever read this year.

7. emilyisawesome says:

I highly recommend this book for a person who likes adventures and mystery. I, myself, am a huge fan of this book and all the other Chris Grabenstein books. I absolutely loved this book!! You should read it!

8. NF says:

I think this was a good book because it had lots of games. This book was like a mystery with lots of clues. The book also had lots of details and made you feel their.

9. PLM says:

I liked how they went up to the third floor and they found the room and fought over the book they needed. Then one of the librarians comes in the room she yells at them for fighting over the book.She said don’t do that thats like fighting another human.

10. coolcool says:

I want to read this book’ I think I will love it. because I haven’t read it

11. chickennuggetdudewholovesthecolorpink says:

OMG I love this book. It was so cool and I want to read it like 1000,000,000, times even though it took me like two hours to read half the book. I’m just going to be that guy and make you do the math. Ha ha ha if you like to do the math you are smart. Kyle is really dumb and the only kind of pants he wears is skinny jeans. Maybe he should go buy some sweats. Anyway Akimi was really weird and she was smart just like Einstein. Kyle isn’t smart because he broke a window just to win a game. Really, dude; I mean, why would you do that? Anyway it was a really good book and I recommend it.

12. ToddzTheGreatAndPowerful says:

I love Mr. L’s L because They get locked in a strange moving library and have to stay there overnight.I think people should do this in real life!

You should check with your librarian. I bet if you could get the library to move strangely, your librarian would be willing to host a sleepover! — Kate Davie

13. Mr.Murry# says:

Escape from Mr.Lemoncello’s Library is a great book. It involves creativity, suspense and action. It is about a boy named Kyle who has to escape from a library.

14. #the boss Brofist /gamer says:

This book is great because the teamwork is great and the book is funny. All in all, this book is great I give it a 10 out of 10

15. #Nate=Love soccer/awesome!!!! says:

This book is awesome!!! I love it. It is so creative and nobody could possibly look this far into the future as Chris Grabenstein and I am a huge fan of every book you have. And I also love how you designed every ones personality in this book like Haley as a sassy girl and Mr.Lemoncello as such a goofy, goofy guy. You need to read this book, I highly, highly recommend it, you should vote for it, this is my favorite DCF.

16. Hermione says:

I think Mr. Lemoncello’s library is full of a lot interesting stuff that a normal library probably wouldn’t have. It’s amazing how many clues you have to find to be able to escape from the library. I think it would be fun to imagine yourself in the library trying to escape yourself.

17. awesome sauce21 says:

Escape form Mr. Lemoncello’s Library is the best book ever! Chris Grabenstein did a great job putting details into the story. Everyone in the whole world should read this book!

18. Buttercup123 says:

I love Mr Lemoncello’s Library because it was artistic and really fun book to read. The story is kind of related to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory how there can be only one winner.

19. #puppylover16 twins says:

OMG really good. i love this book.it was so exciting i think that the book was

Nooo, come back! I am simply agog to hear what you thought the book was! –Kate Davie

20. boxdude says:

I really liked the book Mr. Lemoncello’s library. I liked it because of how they get out. I also liked it because they made groups with each other.

21. chubby munchkin #$ says:

This is a very good book and it has a lot of creativity and suspense. It is about a boy who has to escape a library

22. T man 10 says:

I liked the book becouse i like lemons

Well, that’s a good start. How did you feel about the words? — Kate Davie