Posting Guidelines & Help
Tips for Comments:
- Thank you for visiting and participating in this discussion! In order to protect your privacy, we ask that you use just your initials to sign your posts, or choose the “Anonymous” button.
- And of course, keep all comments appropriate. Appropriate comments are respectful of other readers, don’t provide “spoiler” information, and are on topic. This blog is moderated and your comments will not appear until they have been approved.
- Name, Email & URL are not required to post a comment.
- You’ll have to wait until your comment is approved for it to appear on the site – don’t fret, as soon as we check our email, it’ll show up!
Tips for Teachers & Librarians:
- Have your students show you drafts of their posts before submitting them.
- Encourage students to speak in their own voice & keep comments brief – no book reviews or reports.
- Comments should express a strong opinion or unique thought.
- Suggest students use a pseudonym. This will give them some privacy while also identifying multiple comments as their own, helping them develop their voice for an audience.
- Have students come back and read subsequent comments on books they’ve commented on. Encourage them to engage each other in a dialogue through the comments. Respectful disagreement is welcome.
Do you have suggestions of your own? Please leave them in the comments!
But if you want to comment on a book, please click on its title on the right side of the home page and comment there, not here!