Dorothy Canfield Fisher Award

Louisiana’s Way Home

on August 31, 2019

Louisiana Elephante’s world gets turned upside down the night her Granny announces that the day of reckoning has arrived and they must leave their home immediately. For Louisiana, that means leaving behind her best friends Raymie and Beverly as well as her beloved cat, Archie. As fate would have it, Granny’s mouth full of bad teeth land them in Richford, Georgia, a place that Louisiana at first desperately wants to leave. As Louisiana begins to settle into the rhythm of the town and learns more about her past, she begins asking herself: what is the true meaning of home?

6 Responses to “Louisiana’s Way Home”

1. bill of bob says:

really comfusing book

2. keighan says:

I’m just starting to read Louisiana’s way home.. The trailer for it looks awesome so I’m very excited to read it. You find out from the trailer that Louisiana’s grandma is sick and needs to move away from their house and her friends, but Louisiana is not happy about the move. From everything I have read on the blog it looks like it will be a suspenseful and adventurous story. At the end it will apparently be very surprising and I’m really excited to read it.

3. Addie says:

Louisiana’s Way Home is a very interesting book. It is a quick and easy read with lots of interesting characters. A girl named Louisiana is told at three in the morning by her grandmother that they are leaving her home and never coming back. Louisiana’s grandmother tells her nothing about why they are leaving and refuses to bring Louisiana back home. Later she and her grandmother stopped at a hotel, but the next morning Louisiana’s grandmother is gone and all that she left is a note for Louisiana. The story shows how Louisiana learns how to take care of herself and how she finds out secrets about her family she never knew about. If you want a story that is interesting and has lots of plot twists I would recommend Louisiana’s Way Home.

4. Red pandas rock says:

I started his book because it’s by Kate DiCamillo. She wrote Because of Winn-Dixie, a really good book I read before. Well anyways, I finished it in a day, it was so good. I was also surprised at the end.

5. Gavin says:

This was a real heart warming story. It showed fearlessness, and compassion, If you want a easy read and a suspenseful story this story is for you!

6. Angie says:

I really liked Louisiana’s Way Home. The book was very detailed and adventurous. One night at three in the morning Louisiana’s grandmother woke her up and told Louisiana that they were leaving. I loved how even if Louisiana is mad at her grandmother, she still helps her. At the end of the book I was so surprised when I found out about who Louisiana really Is. if you end up reading the book I’m sure you will really enjoy it.