Dorothy Canfield Fisher Award

Harbor Me

on August 31, 2019

Six kids meet weekly in the ARTT (A Room to Talk) room without any adults and discover a safe haven to share their struggles and to find support. Issues of identity, bullying, racism, immigration, incarceration and more are shared and as each story unfolds in this safe space the students find courage, hope, and strength in the community they’ve created and the bonds they’ve made.

6 Responses to “Harbor Me”

1. kitty lover says:

Harbor Me is an emotional book about a group of friends who come and meet in an old art room on Friday of every week. This group of friends works through tough times together. They also started to record each other that way if they were ever apart they could listen to each other and never forget how they sounded. Doing this they become even closer to each other.

2. jack1243lol says:

I loved the book Harbor Me. It reminded me of a book named I Lived on Butterfly Hill, where the main character’s family and friends get taken away by soldiers. Also I liked it because that the students have a room all to themselves that they can use to talk for an hour.

3. Anonymous says:

4. awesome96 says:

good book sad but good

5. Anonymous says:

Harbor Me is important.

6. Anonymous says:

i did not enjoy