Dorothy Canfield Fisher Award

Game Changer

on August 31, 2019

An accident at the end of high school football practice leaves Teddy Youngblood in a coma…or was it an accident? Rumors swirl as Teddy, the team, and the town try to recover, and while Teddy is unable to share what he knows, there are plenty of others who just aren’t willing to share.

8 Responses to “Game Changer”

1. kira says:

This book is based on a kid named Teddy who gets hurt playing in a football game and he goes into a coma. The book was very suspenseful while I tried to figure out what really happened to Teddy. I liked the way the book gave you clues through texts and newspaper articles. It is a very great book even though it is sad because he might die.

2. Alpha751 says:

The reason I want to read Game Changer is because it is a football based book with a very interesting story. I think I will really enjoy this book even if I am not a reading kind of guy.

3. caitlynreed@cvsdvt.org says:

Personally I don’t like football so I thought I wouldn’t like game changer. But it’s actually a really good book! I like how the theme is truth. How about you guys?

4. bob says:

I thought Game Changer was a very sporty mystery story about this kid who just collapses on the field. It uses newspapers and the doctors in the background to tell the story. There’s a whole mystery that you just find out more and more about as you read the story.

5. Giannis Jr. says:

Game Changer was one of the best books I have ever read and here’s why. This football themed book has lots of drama, excitement, and broken friendships. In my opinion the book was perfectly written. Tommy Greenwald did an amazing job with this book showing how bad hazing can be and the toughness that coaches and older players introduce to younger athletes.

6. Anonymous says:

7. awesome people says:

interesting read cool font but not my favorite book. it’s defiantly has some cliff hangers and I like cliff hangers

8. MadMax says:

Game Changer is a really fun book. I didn’t think I would like cause I’m a girl, but I really enjoyed it. I liked how it was told through text, emails, chat groups and what Teddy hears since he is in a coma. I would recommend this book for anyone in 5th or 6th grade.