Dorothy Canfield Fisher Award

Fake Blood

on August 31, 2019

AJ has been wondering for years how to get ultra-cool Nia’s attention. When he finds out about her obsession with vampire lore, he decides to try something really different–he pretends to be a vampire. Will his plan work?

12 Responses to “Fake Blood”

1. awesome96 says:

I think fake blood is a geat story and a real fun read do you think you are going to make a secul or a simulr book cant wait to hear back

sinserily
    awesome96

2. Red pandas rock says:

Fake blood was a really good book. If you don’t like reading long novels, This will be a good book, because it is a graphic novel. A boy is in love with a girl who is obsessed with vampires. He starts to pretend to be a vampire, to get her attention. Then everything goes wrong.

3. winter says:

Fake Blood is a good book but I think it could use more action, like if AJ and Nia start dating in the end. Also the book gave too many hints that somebody was a vampire. Overall it was a good a fun read.

4. Kaleigh says:

Fake Blood was a very good book! It had a lot of drama, which happens to appear in everyday life with teenagers. It has some twists and turns but in the end I really wished two of the main characters started to date, I feel like it would be more juicy. The main character AJ had a huge crush on a girl and he was very awkward around her. When they got put as partners for a project, things started to get heated. If you like middle school drama then I think you’re in for a very good read.

5. awesome people says:

it’s a real page turner can’t wait to read more.

6. matthew says:

awesome story I hope to hear from you. are you going to write a second book? hope to hear from you.

7. cypress gamig29 says:

i think the book fake blood was a great book and i loved it so much. i hope you make a another book.

senseraly,
    cypress gaming29

8. J-MONEY$$$/ Ramsey Holland says:

I think the book fake Blood was a short story that was personally not my favorite. I didn’t love it because I think there wasn’t the best story plot line,l and it wasn’t in my opinion it wasn’t the most exciting. But I did love how quick it was and I think that the pictures were really nice.

9. spike2213 says:

I like Fake Blood because it has so much love and pizazz in it. Also there is a lot of drama and a plot twist. AJ tries to get a girl’s attention because he has feelings for her.read to find out what kind of drama there is in the book. I am in 5th grade and this book is for 6th and up so I think it’s good to read if you have a lot of experience with graphic novels.

10. Ms. Seymour says:

This was a quick read. Lots of kids at our school thought it could have been more exciting if the characters had more “back story” and were more well developed. We’d recommend this book to kids who like fun middle school drama and vampire stories. We thought the moral of the story “just be yourself” was a good one.

11. Charlie Farrell says:

Gorden, You should try Small Spaces by Katherine Arden! A class trip to a corn maze turns into a very creepy struggle for survival.

12. Gorden_Ramsay says:

I really like this book because it blends normal life with a little bit of fantasy. I also like it because the story is realistic.