Dorothy Canfield Fisher Award

The Wild Robot

on September 7, 2017

Brown, Peter, The Wild Robot.

Roz the Robot’s future takes an unexpected turn when she washes up on a remote island. After a misstep on a craggy ledge Roz assumes the role of mother to a baby gosling and through this relationship and her interactions with other woodland animals she learns about love, life and death, and community.

6 Responses to “The Wild Robot”

1. Macey says:

This Book Is the Best book ever it is great for 3rd and fourth graders but you can read it at any age it’s that good

2. MLB CHAMPION 12 says:

The wild robot was a good book. It shows how how someone big can be friends with someone smaller. It also shows how quick you can make friends.

3. lange says:

Sounds like a very good book!!! I love robots, they are smart in my world.

4. presloud6 says:

I really LOVE it when Roz is all alone in the trees looking for living things. I also think that it was the right length.

5. eko says:

This was a very good book but it could use a little more humor. I liked how Roz the robot took in the little gosling.I highly recommend it for 5th grade and up. Enjoy :]

6. Michael says:

The Wild Robot was a great book. I really enjoyed it. I loved when the Roz decided to take care of the baby gosling. I was wondering if something would happen to the gosling because it was really cold and snowy. Overall , an amazing book. I would definitely recommend it.