Dorothy Canfield Fisher Award

The Girl Who Drank the Moon

on September 7, 2017

Barnhill, Kelly. The Girl Who Drank the Moon.

Every year the people of the Protectorate must sacrifice the youngest baby to the witch in the woods. What does this witch want with these infants? When Xan the kind witch meets the newest offering, Luna, and feeds her moonlight, characters from the past and the present become dangerously intertwined.

12 Responses to “The Girl Who Drank the Moon”

1. Evangeline says:

I love this book it is a perfect fantasy book.

2. Ardan says:

I really loved this book I voted for it when we went to vote for books. It was definately my favorite book. I love it.

3. Fred says:

I thought this book was one of my favorites. I seriously recommend this book to kids who love adventure and magic. I know that I enjoy both. True there might be a little more humor but I think it was just fine.

4. im tall blah bye says:

this book was weird and i didin’t like it.

5. kk says:

I loved this book. I think that people that like a medium length books should read this book. I think its not for young children just for olders like 5th grade. I read when I was in the car and couldn’t stop reading.

6. Lexi says:

The Girl that Drank The Moon was an amazing book. This book really shows how not to show fear in a scary situation. I would recommend this to any reader.

7. ccyou5629 says:

I think this book is a great adventure book. It is also a heart-warming and magical story.

8. miget says:

This book is full of homor and is magical.

9. Porlta_And_Tayjo says:

The Girl Who Drank The Moon is a cool book. I totally recommend it. I think it could use a little more adventure and humor. But otherwise it is a really good book.

10. pickle says:

I personally recommend this book. I read this book when I have nothing to do at my house. This book was great! I think that a lot of people should read this book to.

11. Xavier says:

This was a very good book and was one of my favorites.

12. mrfoamersimpson says:

good