Dorothy Canfield Fisher Award

The Drawing Lesson: A Graphic Novel That Teaches You How to Draw

on September 7, 2017

Crilley, Mark. The Drawing Lesson: A Graphic Novel That Teaches You How to Draw.

This heartwarming graphic novel story also serves as an instructional drawing handbook. When David meets Becky, an artist in the park, they begin a series of drawing lessons. As Becky teaches David the fundamentals of drawing, the reader learns alongside him.

4 Responses to “The Drawing Lesson: A Graphic Novel That Teaches You How to Draw”

1. Solan F says:

I think it was a great idea to to give you an option to draw along, and give you tips on drawing. From start to end it was a great book, I personally recommend it.

2. Anders Lowkes says:

I like how it is giving you information to use in real life about drawing. And I like how it shows at the end what happend later in life.

3. cody says:

This book is really good I like how it starts and almost ends the same way. I think its sad that she had to leave.

4. Michael says:

The drawing lesson was a good book. David was really enthusiastic about learning how to draw. I thought that Becky was a great teacher and showed her love for drawing. I also liked this book because you could also draw along if you wanted to learn how to draw. I would recommend this book greatly.