Dorothy Canfield Fisher Award

on September 7, 2017

Bauer, Joan, Soar.

Baseball is life for Jeremiah Lopper even though a serious health issue keeps him off the field.  So when his robot-building dad has the opportunity to work to a town with a championship baseball team, he is overjoyed. Jeremiah’s joy soon turns to concern when a scandal rocks the High School team, with devastating consequences. Can Jeremiah’s can-do spirit bring baseball back to this heartbroken community?

7 Responses to “Soar”

1. vegetarian taco says:

Soar is a good inspirational book because Jerimiah is battling heart desiese and he still coachs baseball, he loves it, and he never gives up.

2. the mute says:

i haven’t read this book yet but i want to

3. Troydan says:

i like it

4. Rac says:

I think that this book is a good book to read
    because it teaches you to have self confidence if you are like the boy in the book and are sick.

5. RyGuy Creations says:

This book teaches you to have empathy for one another. It also teaches you a little about baseball! I love this book.

6. Rozy-Pozy says:

So far I love the book Soar. It is a very good book because the describing words are perfect. It brings the story alive

7. zesty jalapeno says:

I love the book because it is about a kid battling a sickness. Also i like how it is about baseball.