Dorothy Canfield Fisher Award

Save Me a Seat

on September 7, 2017

Weeks, Sarah, and Gita Varadarajan.​ Save Me a Seat.

A new boy from India and a New Jersey kid find they have much more in common then they first imagined as they navigate their first week of fifth grade.  This humorous and touching story told through the alternating perspectives of Ravi and Joe tell the story of how misperceptions, school bullies and doting Moms are the perfect recipe for the most unexpected friendships.

10 Responses to “Save Me a Seat”

1. Jeff! says:

This is a great book! If you like books with different perspectives or if you like school and knowing about different types of people. then I think you’ll like this book.

2. Ryan Smith says:

I like how every once and a while it switches from one person to the other person and there is a lot of ups and downs.

3. basketball21 says:

I like this book because it as two different point of views and it tells a story of a new kid and how hard it is to be from a different country.

4. presloud6 says:

LIFE changing book!!!

5. PigPower6 says:

I like this book because it shows different points of view throughout the story. It also has humor while it has a good moral of being honest. I would gladly recommend this to anyone who likes humor.

6. Basketball05 says:

I like how this book has two point of views for every scene. Also,I think that it does explain a new kids point of view.

7. My name is Jeff says:

This book is awesome and I love how there are two people telling the story. I love how this is at school and at home, there are two story settings. I think this book would be better if there was longer. I think you should try this book!

8. Michael Wierzbicki says:

This was a good book! I really liked that the story was from two different peoples point of view!

9. anniebrabazon says:

What sort of things make it hard to be the new kid at a school? What would make it easier for new kids?

10. Anders Lowkes says:

I like how the story is being told by two people. And I like how there are a lot of ups and downs in the story.