Dorothy Canfield Fisher Award

The Seventh Most Important Thing

on September 1, 2016

9780553497281After throwing a brick at the neighborhood “Junk Man”, Arthur is sentenced to 180 days community service helping out his victim. It isn’t long before his preconceptions about the Junk Man are blown apart, and his journey of redemption truly begins.

Save

13 Responses to “The Seventh Most Important Thing”

1. Manny F. says:

I think this was an overall pretty good book I think the way all events had some significance with the story was cool and I like that Arthur and Mr. Hampton become friends

2. Zoe C says:

The 7th most important thing is a good book. It is sad when Mr. Hampton dies. Also when Arthur’s dad dies i feel bad for him. Arthur matured through out the book

3. Zoe C says:

I liked this book. It’s sad when Mr. Hampton died. I think Arthur matured as the book went on. I also fell bad fro Arthur when his dad dies.

4. Bobbyboy360 says:

The light bulb changed my life.

5. Emma J says:

This was a very good book. I think Arthur redeemed himself after throwing that brick at James Hampton.

6. kyleeg says:

this was an amazing book the only bad part is why would he just throw a brick the junk man it was a very sad book, but also very good.

7. DarrianH says:

I think it was cool how all events had some level of significance in the end and how all thought Arthur threw a brick at Mr. Hampton they kinda became friends towards the end of the book.

8. DarrianH says:

I think this was an overall pretty good book I think the way all events had some significance with the story was cool and I like that Arthur and Mr. Hampton kind of become friends

9. Tanner says:

Arthur Owens threw a brick at a older man named James Hampton that stole his dads stuff.

10. Haven M says:

I thought that this book was really cool. The way that the author tied in all the events throughout the story was amazing. “The Junk Man” was a very kind person. When I read the author’s note at the end and realized that James Hampton was a real person it blew me away. The Throne of the Third Heaven was very cool and the way Mr. Hampton created it out of garbage was interesting. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who likes to read. I would read a book like this again.

11. Caseyt says:

I think Arthur should have thought over his idea to throw a brick he should have just walked over to him and said his problem. He became really close with “The Junk Man” but that does not mean he should have done what he did. Don’t judge a book by its cover, that is exactly what Arthur did to Mr. Hampton.

12. Abe's says:

One point of view would be that the punishment was not fair. It was attempted murder, and he should’ve be put in juvenile detention until he is eighteen, then he should’ve be put in jail for life. Then again, Mr.Hampton was the victim and that was the punishment he chose, so I think that is the correct punishment.

13. Sacha says:

Were you surprised when you read that Arthur had to do community service to make amends for throwing a brick at the “Junk Man”? Do you think his punishment was fair?