Dorothy Canfield Fisher Award

Boys Who Challenged Hitler, The: Knud Pedersen and the Churchill Club

on September 1, 2016

9781250104236At the outset of World War II, Denmark did not resist German occupation. Fifteen-year-old Knud Pedersen resolved with a handful of schoolmates to take action against the Nazis if the adults would not, and committed countless acts of sabotage. They eventually were arrested, but their exploits helped spark a full-blown Danish resistance.

Save

Save

8 Responses to “Boys Who Challenged Hitler, The: Knud Pedersen and the Churchill Club”

1. Manny F. says:

I thought this was a great book written WW2 and people standing up for their rights as human beings to the nazis

2. Darrian H says:

I liked this book because it talked about how the churchill club went through a lot but they kept going to help win the war

3. kyleeg says:

This was not my faavorite but I still kept on reading. I agree with Zoe C, the Churchill club did do a great thing. There consequence were big but the did not care. I thought this book was sad and happy at the same time.

4. Bobby Joe says:

I think the author did a very good job placing the events in a great way. Also I think that the Churchill Club did a good thing standing up for there country and for what they believed in. Even though they got arrested they did what they could do. They proved to the nazis that they wernt as strong as they think they were. The nazis almost got beat by teenagers and a little kid. People thought that Hitler was the most powerful person back then they were wrong. Hitler was wrong about the race he picked on. Everyone is the same. I love how it ended Knud Pederson was a brave kid he was also cared about his country and the future for the country that he was fighting for. The Churchill Club was the most bravest club back then.

5. cheyennel says:

i dont think i could acted them like they did but this book is interesting to me.

6. Haven M says:

I thought that this book was very well written. Knud Pedersen did a very good thing standing up for his country. He did get arrested but it was definitely worth it because he believed in what was right and he didn’t let the Nazis think that they had the most power.

7. Zoe C says:

The Churchchill Club did a great thing. I think that you should do what you believe in. They didn’t let the Nazis take control so they stood up for their rights. There consequences were serious but they were good at keeping away from the soldiers to steal there weapons.

8. caroleoglesby says:

Were the Churchill Club’s actions against the invading Nazis worth the consequences
    they suffered? Do you think you could have acted the same way?