Dorothy Canfield Fisher Award

The Blackthorn Key

on August 26, 2016

The year is 1665 and fourteen-year-old Christopher Rowe is the apprentice of an apothecary in London. With death and danger around every corner, he and his best friend Tom must untangle the web of clues and codes to discover the truth behind a series of murders that are being blamed on a secretive cult, before it’s too late!

Save

Save

Save

Save

11 Responses to “The Blackthorn Key”

1. Darrian H says:

I really liked this book a lot of the story was shrouded in mystery and this book could be funny at times.

2. Manny F. says:

I really thought this book was good I didn’t have high expectations but i would put this in my top 5 DCF books

3. Jeffrey says:

It was nice because it was hard to predict what would happen.

4. peter parker says:

I liked this book because some of the parts were funny like when the cannon hit him in the groin.XD

5. Fred says:

This book was really good. If you don’t really like killing and torture than I would not recommend this book to you. But if you are fine with that type of stuff and you like adventure than this is a good book for you.

6. TW12 says:

Out of all of the books I have read this one is my favorite. It is very exciting! I would recommend this book to people who like adventure and non stop action. You should definitely read it.

7. Bobbyboy360 says:

This book is amazing

8. sophie says:

I personally was not a big fan of this book. it was defiantly interesting at certain points, but just seemed to be stuck saying the same thing over again at points. I had to read this in a book group, which was challenging because of my lack of interest. I did enjoy some of the mysterious parts of the book, but I enjoy Cliff hangers and there weren’t a lot of them. kyle, how come you think this book is cool?

9. Haven M says:

At first I thought this book would be stupidly boring but during the end I really enjoyed it. I thought that it was cool and smart how Christopher figured out the codes and puzzles. I would read this book again.

10. ssgsskuramanaruto says:

I am studying alchemy so i like this book and i you are a lchemist it will help you

11. Kyle says:

this book is cool