Dorothy Canfield Fisher Award

The Actual & Truthful Adventures of Becky Thatcher

on September 2, 2015
Becky Thatcher is a whippersnapper who has plenty of time to get up to scads of mischief. Her daddy, Judge Sawyer, is a busy and important man and her mama is stBECKYill mourning the loss of their son, Becky’s older brother Jon. This leaves Becky with little supervision and ample opportunity to put her wild imagination into action. Her adventures lead her into some potentially dangerous territory as she decides to investigate the Pritchard Brothers herself, two outlaws suspected of train robbery, bank robbery and possible murder. Becky also manages to convince her new friend Amy Lawrence to join her in accepting a bet from Joe Harper and Sid Sawyer– a bet to steal from the Widow Douglas during Saturday’s full moon. Becky’s fearlessness and knack for telling whoppers makes for great stories as we join her for these daring escapades.

6 Responses to “The Actual & Truthful Adventures of Becky Thatcher”

1. RP MM says:

@Brie I thought the book was clear right from the start. I also like how adventurous Becky is! The book was not the best but it was pretty good. I think Becky is so adventurous because, she is always looking for trouble.

2. hannahpeacock says:

I think so!

3. trey says:

is this a good book.

4. hannahpeacock says:

I’m glad you stuck with it through the confusing parts.

5. Brie says:

I only read 50 pages. Its not my favorite book buts its okay. The book gets right to point the way Becky comes across the poster about the murders and the way she explains them. I got confused a few times but I kept reading and it explianed better as I kept reading.

6. Pollen says:

It’s really formal.