Dorothy Canfield Fisher Award

Doll Bones

on June 21, 2014

doll bonesby Holly Black.

Zach, Alice, and Poppy, friends from a Pennsylvania middle school who have long enjoyed acting out imaginary adventures with dolls and action figures, embark on a real-life quest to Ohio to bury a doll made from the ashes of a dead girl.

83 Responses to “Doll Bones”

1. dianne vanlew says:

NOT INTO IT:(

2. Sadie says:

I love your book.

3. charlyBrown says:

I realley liked the book doll bones I like the illustration
    and character like Zach.

4. charlyBrown says:

and character like mike.

5. Bob says:

I really like doll bones it is a really good book.

I agree — can you tell us what you liked best about it? — Kate Davie

6. Bob says:

I really like doll bones it is a really good book. It was very interesting.

7. bob says:

some parts were scary and others are really interesting. my favorite character was Alice

8. bob says:

some parts were scary and others are really interesting. I liked the back stories.

9. Pompeii7 says:

This book is scary, mysterious and interesting. So many unexpected things happen. You always want to keep reading. Overall, it is a really great book!

10. Mickie says:

Doll bones is a very mysterious and scary book when these friends and they were drawn to the fall of the dolls story she had a very tragic ending. Very engaging weird but fun book and the only DCF book i read so i cannot compare.

11. Laurel says:

I love this book because it’s full of adventure and excitement. Its creepy and mysterious with a swing of happiness. These kids go off showing that they truly are brave with some skittishness. They have a true potential to set a girls spirit free and help someone else find happiness! This book was the very best book I have ever read!!!!!! πŸ™‚

12. lars says:

I was reading some comments and i recommend it to those who like quest and adventure. From the comments I can tell it’s a fantastic adventure book.πŸ“—πŸ˜ƒ

13. TGM says:

I loved this book! If you like ghosts and mystery, READ THIS BOOK!!!

14. Holly says:

I liked the book, but I wish they would have told us how she actually died.

She didn’t reveal that? It’s been a bit since I read it, I’ll have to go look it up! — Kate Davie

15. πŸ‘™bikini bottom girl says:

Love it!

Can you tell us what you liked best about it? Was it the intriguing characters or the creepiness? — Kate Davie

16. πŸ’© says:

I loved the bookπŸ““

17. Sweet candy says:

I like the beginning of the book doll bones it’s so awesome!

I think the end is awesome too! — Kate Davie

18. Mee2016 says:

This book is good for both the adventure and mystery. The book tells of the events they undergo and the strange occurrences.

19. O.M.G its...Pewdiepie says:

I LOVE THIS BOOK. its very swag and kinda spooky i would like to say to the author that the book is the book of the year or what eves i just really like the story

20. neonpink! says:

I like DOLL BONES. Poppy is like attached to the doll. I think the doll IS CREEPY. I felt bad for Zach.

21. #CrayCray says:

I love how it looks so freaky but it really isn’t except the ashes in the doll and the doll made of [Spoiler info deleted. –Kate Davie]! lol:)it’s so mysterious.

22. Scellyscorp says:

I liked this book because it felt a realilistic and adventurous. Characters in the book played just like my cousin and me when we play. That’s something I got interested in. The fact that the doll is enchanted is pretty cool.

23. #M.I.A.#QT:) says:

The book is really cool and I’m voting for you. The book is spooky at some parts but that just makes you want to read on in DOLL BONES.

24. Emma says:

I loved this book.

25. Emma says:

This is a incredibly well written book. I enjoyed this book very much.

26. CFA says:

Doll Bones was a very interesting story, almost like a mystery to me. It’s characters had very unique backrounds and so did the doll. It also was scary as well.

27. Horselover1🐴🐎🌹🌺 says:

Doll Bones is very interesting.I like how Alice’s friends trust her so much the would travel places for her.

28. Shealin says:

Doll bone is a spooktastic awesome book it is totes amaze and so fab sheik scary.

29. MH-ges says:

I think this was a grate book with vary interesting characters and an amazing adventure. It is also a vary intense and it has a grate story line.

30. BD GES says:

I think this book is bone chilling because of the dolls story its creepy and sad. The doll does stuff too scare Zack,Poppy and Alice.

31. OFG GES says:

I the like emanation and and the thrill in it.

32. MM GES :) says:

I thought the story was really interesting and spine chilling.I especially liked the dolls back story.

33. WS says:

doll bones was an amazing book with an interesting mystery. Alice and her friends go on an adventure to return a doll to its grave.