Ungifted

June20

ungiftedby Gordon Korman

Due to an administrative mix-up, troublemaker Donovan Curtis is sent to the Academy of Scholastic Distinction, a special program for gifted and talented students.

by posted under Ungifted | 46 Comments »    
46 Comments to

“Ungifted”

1. March 26th, 2014 at 7:22 am       nick3690 Says:

I ate triscuits while listening to Ungifted on a kindle from my school library.

I don’t doubt the truth of this statement, but it would be more interesting to hear about what you THOUGHT about the book while you were eating your Triscuits! Kate Davie

2. March 23rd, 2014 at 9:33 am       Wyatt Says:

Ungifted is definitely one of my favorite DCF book. Donovan is amazing especially in the end i cant believe what he did or made tin man do to the other teams robot

3. March 18th, 2014 at 8:15 am       spiderz Says:

this is a goo[Superfluous letters deleted. Kate Davie]d book

4. March 18th, 2014 at 8:13 am       cool guy 1 Says:

This is an AmaZinG

Can you be a wee bit more specific? Is it amazingly good or amazingly bad? Kate Davie

5. March 10th, 2014 at 3:49 pm       Anonymous Says:

this book was awesome it was probable the best book in this genera of books Donovan really changes the kids from the academy’s life although he isn’t the sharpest knife in the drawer he proves that he is an important member of the team. and the end was awesome.

What do you consider the genre of this book to be? Kate Davie

6. March 7th, 2014 at 8:42 am       Macklemore_Is_Awesome Says:

This is the best book ever. I loved reading this book. I think everyone in our class loved it.

7. March 6th, 2014 at 8:47 am       Kyle Harrington/swag Says:

I would give this book a 10/10 because it has a lot of action and a lot of funny parts and the book stay’s alive during the whole book.

8. March 6th, 2014 at 8:37 am       Minecraft Chick Says:

VERY FUNNY BOOK
    ITS S GOOD BOOK
    I LOVE THIS BOOK
    READ THE BOOK
    [Off topic info deleted. Kate Davie]

9. February 28th, 2014 at 8:19 am       yefrhx,.zkmgbtfdx,sf wqsx tr4e1dcn Says:

I really want to read dis bok cas it iss mADE by Gordon Korman [Off topic info deleted. Kate Davie]

10. January 30th, 2014 at 12:28 pm       KatelynAPinn Says:

My favorite part of the book was when every one in the Robotics class had to go to the party for extra credit. They were all admiring Chloe. Chloe was weraing a blue sparkly dress and some flats. She also had some turquoise eye shadow. Chloe thought that she looked stupid because she wanted to wear jeans and a T-Shirt. When the twin brothers went to make a move the whole party was over, and it went all down hill from there.

11. January 22nd, 2014 at 12:32 pm       Miggy Says:

I thought the beginning towards the middle of the book was very slow moving but the ending put a twist on the story. Although it was slow moving I loved the moral and message of the story.

12. January 22nd, 2014 at 7:53 am       awesomenesstv Says:

I wish I read this book. It seem’s like it is a really really good book I think I will some day.:) And if i read it I bet will like it because I like stories set at school.

Please post again when you have read it, and tell us how it lived up to your expectations. Kate Davie

13. January 17th, 2014 at 8:40 am       happybunny Says:

Our teacher at our school read us this book. It was so nice to have a book that you could see what every character was thinking. Also I liked how Donavin changed in the book from a trouble maker to a good friend, and I love how he risked himself for his new friend and turned his old friends to better people. I also liked how funny the book is too like the cheer Donovan made “our team is great fans are nifty, we’re gonna get blown out by fifty!” Well this book is great and if you like a adventurous high school life book/comedy you will love this book like I did. P.S But you really got to pay attention to the book or it will be kind of confusing, so I do not suggest you read two books at once if one of them is this one.

14. January 17th, 2014 at 8:04 am       courtneylove322 Says:

Ungifted is a really good book. For those of you that haven’t read it yet you really should. This book is very funny and is recommended for children and adults or teenagers. This book is kind of an adventure and I think you would like it. The reason I say its kind of a adventure is because a lot of things happen in this book that is very interesting. This book is also a mystery kind of because about by the middle and end of the book there will be a problem you will have to try to figure out. But the only way you can figure it out is if you can understand the book and know what’s going on in this book. Thank you for making this book so interesting and fun. I really hope to read more of your books thank you Kate Davie.

I hope you get to read them all! If you want to send an e-mail to the author of Ungifted, you can find his contact information on his website at http://gordonkorman.com/. Kate Davie

15. January 17th, 2014 at 8:02 am       Logogagogo is awesome Says:

I loved this book, it was so well written. My favorite part was when Donovan knocked of the globe of atlas off it’s stand.

16. January 17th, 2014 at 8:00 am       Christin Says:

I think when Donovan knocked the Atlas ball over he was not thinking at all. I would read the next book if there was one. I personally loved the book.

17. January 17th, 2014 at 7:57 am       Basketball lover6 Says:

I really liked this book. It was pretty good. The lesson in this book was not to take big risks or you’ll get in trouble. This book is one of my favorite books. I’d say that Gordon Korman did really well on this book.

18. January 17th, 2014 at 7:48 am       #SammytheDonovanCurtis2CANTWAITTILLZOMBIES! Says:

This is a very good book. I think I act just like Donovan Curtis cause I’m a very mischievious person like him. Donovan is a real trouble maker who brakes rules like I do. I sometimes break rules the same rules he does.I really liked this book a lot, so if you like adventure and funny books I recommend this to you.

19. January 17th, 2014 at 7:46 am       CRAZY GURL Says:

I really like this book because it is about a boy named Donovan and he accidentally causes a disruption and gets sent to a gifted school instead of getting in trouble for the disruption. I hope you like it.

20. January 17th, 2014 at 7:43 am       CRAZY GIRL #1 Says:

This book was awesome because some parts I did not know were coming Its like they came out of nowhere. I hope you guys like it. It was fun.

21. January 17th, 2014 at 7:42 am       Zombiez Says:

I really liked this book because of all of the accidents that took place. Like when Donovan Curtis hit the atlas in the butt and knocked it off the globe. I really recommend this book to kids and adults who like funny books.

22. January 17th, 2014 at 7:42 am       D-man Says:

I like this book because of the setting. I also really like the event that they are doing, mostly because I’ve done stuff like the competitions but with legos. I hope that everyone that plans to read this enjoys this book.

23. January 16th, 2014 at 8:22 am       giant realistic flying tiger is awesome Says:

Ungifted is an amazing book! I have only read half of it so far, but it is still a great book. The one thing that I don’t like about it so far is that people are so rude to Donovan. But it’s still a great book.:)

24. January 15th, 2014 at 9:09 am       yourma Says:

I really like ungifted the book was great.

What do you think was the most important idea in it? Kate Davie

25. January 10th, 2014 at 7:49 am       D-man Says:

I like this book and I suggest this book to anyone who likes books about comedy or realistic fiction.

26. December 18th, 2013 at 3:23 pm       demigod Says:

I read this, and I’ll probably finish Summer of the Gypsy Moths next. :)

Did you like it? Kate Davie

27. December 10th, 2013 at 1:26 pm       Library Geek Says:

Sorry to disappoint, but this book was AMAZING! I guess that my 3 top most favorite so far are See you at Harrys, umgifted, and the cavendish home.

I,for one, am not a bit disappointed! Kate Davie

28. December 10th, 2013 at 12:12 pm       bballgirl21 Says:

I feel like the book Ungifted was very confusing. You never really knew what what character was talking, and they would change the theme every two pages. It was a good book, but I just got a little lost. This book would remind you of a kind of technical/friendship/school movie because it has a lot to do with robots, friends, and passing classes. But getting into a gifted school isn’t always what you want, it might set some challenges for you that you will never understand.

29. December 2nd, 2013 at 7:13 am       MHS Says:

Is this book good? Like literally, everyone is reading it, but I haven’t yet.

If literally everyone is reading it, it seems like a safe bet that there is something appealing about it. I had a lot of fun with it. Kate Davie

30. November 21st, 2013 at 2:39 pm       jabby12345 Says:

This book is the best! If you haven’t read it, you definitely should. I like the way that each character has a different voice, different opinions, and is written in a different style. I also love that the author puts the persons IQ points under their names each chapter. It’s pretty cool to be able to compare what they do to how smart in school classes.

31. November 12th, 2013 at 12:56 pm       Aphrodite Says:

I just read this book and I love it!!! I’m looking for a new D.C.F book to read , but I’m not sure what one I should read, any suggestions???

They are all worth exploring! Kate Davie

32. November 12th, 2013 at 12:40 pm       Duke Says:

Very Confusing:( Because of how the author has writen it

Telling one story from the viewpoints of several characters seems to be a literary trend these days. I bet it will get less confusing the more we have a chance to practice reading books written that way. Kate Davie

33. October 31st, 2013 at 6:24 am       Emmettcraft121 Says:

Ungifted is a really good book because it’s all about Donavan Curtis getting put in a gifted program, when he has ADHD, and he spends most of his free time causing mischief. I recommend this book to people who like books that are realistically adventurous.

34. October 30th, 2013 at 4:08 pm       wkmtbvt Says:

This book was very emotional for me the author made it feel like donavan and the academy kids were like parents and their children being split up.

35. October 30th, 2013 at 4:05 pm       wkmtbvt Says:

I think this book is great because it tells a story of a young man who went from naughty to a+ good kid but that doesn’t mean he can’t have a little fun because when he went to the robotics meet he was driving and he made the robots fight.

36. October 28th, 2013 at 11:25 am       librarygeek Says:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH! Awesome Book! Gypsy moths See you at Harry’s, move over, Ungifted is here. this book is so good. the chasing around of people, figuratively speaking. I loved how it alternated people every chapter.

Aww, and there I was, thinking that you only liked the sensitive and dramatic books! Kate Davie

37. October 27th, 2013 at 6:13 pm       wkbc:2.0 Says:

Ungifted by Gordon Korman was a really good book. It made me really think about how it might feel to be separated from other kids because of an IQ score. I think kids should be mixed up all together. This is a great DCF book. I recommend you read it!

38. October 27th, 2013 at 6:05 pm       wkbc:2.0 Says:

Ungifted by Gordon Korman is about a middle school boy who has trouble controlling himself. He finds himself in a big mess/mix-up and by mistake enrolled in a for “gifted” children. The story shares his experiences and how his character changes. I couldn’t put the book down! Super cool especially the tin man!

39. October 27th, 2013 at 6:00 pm       wkbc:2.0 Says:

This comment is for rottiegirl2003. I agree that all the characters are unique. I also like how the author used more than one person’s voice. You get to read what each character is thinking…even the teachers! I’m glad I picked this book to read too!

40. October 27th, 2013 at 5:55 pm       wkbc:2.0 Says:

This is a comment for Jenna. I agree the book is awesome. I wonder what “normal” means to you? I think Dovan’s gift is that he is fun and creative. I also think that gifted children can be creative too!

41. October 25th, 2013 at 6:15 am       BOOK LOVER Says:

this is such a good book so touching book i so recommend this book

42. October 23rd, 2013 at 7:25 am       Jenna Says:

Ungifted was an awesome book! It is about a boy named Donovan that accidentally causes a huge disruption at his school and due to a mix-up, he gets put in a school for the gifted instead of getting in trouble. I really liked the message of the book, everyone needs a little normal in there life was the overall message.

43. October 22nd, 2013 at 1:07 pm       rottiegirl2003 Says:

Ungifted is one of my favorite dcf books! I love all of the drama between the mix up of schools in this book! All of the characters are unique in this book so it kept me entertained the whole time!

44. September 11th, 2013 at 8:13 am       epic men Says:

ungifted was a great book. i have read over 4 of gordon kormans books and this was the best

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Themes

Recent Comments