The Whole Story of Half a Girl

June20

half a girlby Veera Hiranandani

When Sonia’s father loses his job and she must move from her small, supportive private school to a public middle school, the half-Jewish half-Indian sixth-grader experiences culture shock as she tries to navigate the school’s unfamiliar social scene.

19 Comments to

“The Whole Story of Half a Girl”

1. March 28th, 2014 at 4:02 pm       Goody Goody Says:

I think this book is great but it is kind of bland.

Well, some books are full of ripsnorting adventures, and some are more contemplative — I’m glad you can appreciate both! Kate Davie

2. March 25th, 2014 at 8:12 am       katier Says:

this book is awesome its really good im in the middle of it but so far its really good

3. February 7th, 2014 at 7:49 am       HatersOrHaters Says:

I want the WHOLE STORY of A WHOLE GIIRL

If she writes it, will you promise to read it? Kate Davie

4. January 29th, 2014 at 1:55 pm       Tori the boss Says:

This book is a great book loved it. It made me feel like I was in a different world when i read this book. I recommend it to anyone. Anyone would like this book. This book is fun loving book. The ending is really good

5. January 27th, 2014 at 4:11 am       Sabrina Says:

I liked the book The Whole Story Of Half a Girl because I like to read books sometimes just to do something. Sonia and her younger sister Natasha, have to go through some tough times. First they have to move away from there school, because the dad lost his job, so they can’t afford it. This book really shows the life of a kind 6th grade girl. Kate, Sonia’s best friend isn’t that nice, and Sonia’s former best friend Sam, sort of looses her close friendship with Sonia. If you want to find out more about this book then you should read it If you like realistic fiction, and drama. I rate this book stars 3 out of 5!!

6. January 16th, 2014 at 8:26 am       bob 123 Says:

This book looks really interesting. Even the title is interesting. I hope I can get the time to read it. I also like books with a lot of drama, so this looks like my cup of tea!

7. January 2nd, 2014 at 7:27 am       Anonymous Says:

I loved this book! I am homeschooled and this book has helped me relate more to people who aren’t. I personally wish it had had a bit more about her mother’s background but otherwise it was awesome!

8. December 10th, 2013 at 12:08 pm       CrispyFryChicken Says:

I think the book The Whole Story of Half a Girl by Veera Hiranandani is a great book. The book is very interesting. I like how the girl’s personality starts to change in every chapter. I like the character Kate; she reminds me of some people that I know. I like how the author puts drama in every chapter. I don’t really like the dad; he has problems, but if you lost a job you might have problems, too. I recommend this book for the people that like drama.

9. November 25th, 2013 at 12:33 pm       Gymnast Girl Says:

This book was really good and I zipped through it because it was so interesting. I loved the details the author made. I know that if my dad had gone missing I would be so upset! :( . I for one would hate my mother for not understanding how I felt in a new school. I think it was nice for Kate and Alicia to open up to Sonia. It was wrong for Sonia to think she was only half a girl.

10. November 18th, 2013 at 10:36 am       GG Says:

I loved this book because it had a really good story line and it had a little bit of suspense.I liked the end of the book better than the beginning because the story really started coming together.I would read other books by this author(Veera Hiranandan) because she really gets you thinking about her books.I love this book and I recommend it to a lot of people.

11. November 18th, 2013 at 10:36 am       Elcy Says:

I just finished the book.I though the book was very good because the author(Veera Hiranandani) did a good job of getting you to know the characters and telling the story to you.I would totally read more books the author(Veera Hiranandani) because a really like this book and I think she would do a good job writing more book for more children to read.

She has written quite a few other books, but some of them you would probably find more interesting than others. You can find the whole list on her website — http://www.veerahiranandani.com/books-and-stories.html Kate Davie

12. October 23rd, 2013 at 9:43 am       Elcy Says:

I’m only half-way through the book but I think it is a really good book so far. I wonder if Jess is really Sonia’s friend? If seems Sonia’s family is a family only sometimes because they get in to really big fights and don’t act like a family at that moment.

13. October 2nd, 2013 at 11:13 am       fishy Says:

When I read this book I felt whatever Sonia was feeling. The author does a great job capturing the middle school drama. My favorite part was what happened with the green loafers. If you’ve ever been the new kid, you can relate to what Sonia goes through.

14. September 27th, 2013 at 10:07 am       wkmaddog Says:

I like sonia because as she gets more into middle school she do not change that much. Sonia always try’s to make friend by her own personality. sonia met a girl named kate. As i read the book it seems like kate is trying to change sonia but sonia is trying to be her own person.

What do you predict Sonia will do about that? Kate Davie

15. September 25th, 2013 at 10:18 am       wkmaddog Says:

I love this book because it teaches you a lesson. A lesson about going to a new school. Like what would i be like? what would i do? how would i make new friends? Sonia acts different she acts more older and you find out what its like for sonia.

16. September 19th, 2013 at 8:38 am       wkmaddog Says:

demidog
    why do you think that the DCF books are so awesome

17. September 19th, 2013 at 8:35 am       wkmaddog Says:

wkmaddog: why do you want to read the book so bad

18. July 24th, 2013 at 6:35 am       demigod Says:

Reading it, liking it! There’s a reason most dcf books are so awesome!

19. June 23rd, 2013 at 12:01 pm       Connie Wawa Says:

I really want this book!!!

Have you asked your librarian to help you find a copy? — Kate Davie

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Themes

Recent Comments