The Mighty Miss Malone

June20

mighty missby Christopher Paul Curtis

With love and determination befitting the “world’s greatest family,” twelve-year-old Deza Malone, her older brother Jimmie, and their parents endure tough times in Gary, Indiana, and later Flint, Michigan, during the Great Depression.

by posted under Mighty Miss Malone | 14 Comments »    
14 Comments to

“The Mighty Miss Malone”

1. April 8th, 2014 at 12:56 pm       Honney badger Says:

I just finished the book, I felt so sad at the end but it gave me a visual of if I was there.

I agree, I was hoping for a different ending! But I also agree that Mr. Curtis makes me feel that I was right in the middle of the action. Kate Davie

2. March 18th, 2014 at 8:09 am       1h2h3h Says:

i love this book!!!!! i think it is so unfair how white peolpe treated black people if you go to my school then you might be avaible to see my book comerical about it!!

3. March 11th, 2014 at 12:51 pm       Honney badger Says:

im reading this book and so far its been good, also interesting. It’s got a bit of mystery . :~{ ).

4. March 3rd, 2014 at 5:05 pm       TORI THE BOSS Says:

the mighty miss Malone us such a great book with lots of adventure going on and other drama I recommend it

5. February 11th, 2014 at 1:51 pm       Honney badger Says:

I so far read to chapter 3# and i’m loving it. It has so much inresting and fun i’m not trying to tell you and being a teller but you will love it.

6. January 7th, 2014 at 7:11 am       U$her Says:

I certainly enjoyed reading this booK! Even though Deza was a young character, her strong and determined person inspired me. As a character I respect her for taKing education seriously. One thing that caught me and my attention was even though her best friend got a higher grade then her, she still showed how happy she was for her. In my opinion on this story about Deza, showing her best friend how happy she was for her meant she was a true friend .

7. December 10th, 2013 at 12:05 pm       M.B Says:

I certainly enjoyed reading this book! Even though Malone was a young character, her strong and determined personality inspires me. As a character I respect her for taking education so seriously. One thing that caught my attention was, even though her best friend got a better grade than her, she still showed how happy she was for her. In my opinion that takes a true friendship.

8. December 6th, 2013 at 12:13 pm       Kim Kardashion Says:

The Mighty Miss Malone
    By: Christopher Paul Curtis.
    This book is wonderful book. Deza is my favorite character out of every book I have ever read.She has her own opinion about everything and that is what I like about her.If you like adventure you should try this book. And this book is a up and down book which also why it makes it a good book.I recommend this book to everyone who loves to read with ups and downs.

9. November 18th, 2013 at 10:44 am       ladybuglady Says:

started boring but it got to the okay stag.
    not the best at all.

I haven’t had a chance to read the whole thing, but I really liked the bit I was able to read as it flew by. Maybe you would like one of the titles listed under adventure, murder or war in the tag cloud. Kate Davie

10. November 7th, 2013 at 6:59 am       Book Worm J Says:

This book started out boring, than it was awesome, than it was sad, than it was kind of evil. I’m only on page 177, but I’m sure it will end awesome to!

That sounds like a lot of drama packed into 177 pages! Which part was your favorite so far? Kate Davie

11. October 28th, 2013 at 11:16 am       librarygeek Says:

This is a good book, but it wasn’t my favorite.

12. October 25th, 2013 at 6:12 am       BOOK LOVER Says:

THE MIGHTY MISS MALONE IS A GREAT STORY NEEDS A SQUEAL IT JUST DID NOT END RIGHT BUT IT IS SUCH A GOOD BOOK

Do all the capital letters mean the you feel really strongly about this? Kate Davie

13. October 22nd, 2013 at 8:53 am       Anonymous Says:

This is one of my favorites, I really like the characters. The brother’s singing talent was surprising along with other things he did.

14. September 5th, 2013 at 12:45 pm       demigod Says:

My favourite as of sept. 5 2013!

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Themes

Recent Comments