The Dogs of Winter

June20

dogs of wby Bobbie Pyron

Brought to Moscow in 1990s Russia by his mother’s abusive boyfriend, five-year-old Mishka is forced by a gang of homeless children to lie and steal until he finds comfort and love with a pack of dogs. Includes historical note.

by posted under Dogs of Winter | 22 Comments »    
22 Comments to

“The Dogs of Winter”

1. April 7th, 2014 at 5:56 am       Sip line Says:

Great book I would read it over and over again.

2. March 31st, 2014 at 8:16 am       !$$$$KITTY$$$$! Says:

I really enjoyed this book. It’s full of adventure and jumps right into the story. I love books like that because you don’t read 5 pages and then get bored. The Dogs of Winter was probably my favorite DCF book!

3. March 23rd, 2014 at 9:48 am       Wyatt Says:

dogs of winter is awesome. its been a while since i read it but in the beginning i swore that his mom [Spoiler info deleted. Kate Davie]

4. March 18th, 2014 at 8:07 am       sders Says:

this is a great book its amazing!

What is the most amazing thing in it? Kate Davie

5. March 18th, 2014 at 8:05 am       sders Says:

This is a great book the dogs are so cool and its so AMAZING![Extra punctuation deleted.]

Are they cool because it’s winter, or because they are smart and helpful? Kate Davie

6. February 3rd, 2014 at 7:17 am       katherine Says:

this sounds like a good book . I think that I will give it a try

Sounds like a plan! Kate Davie

7. January 22nd, 2014 at 8:09 am       DR.hill Says:

All of those people who have not read the book should read it. The adventure begins when the boy’s mom goes missing and he about to be put in an orphanage. book=THE DOGS OF WINTER

8. January 22nd, 2014 at 8:07 am       angry wombat beaver Says:

The Dogs of Winter was AWESOME! You will love this book if you like Gary Paulsen’s books. I did not like the ending that much, but I think they should write a second book!

9. January 16th, 2014 at 8:00 am       Da-Cheeser Says:

This book was a great way to show that everyone who has parents and a home should be grateful for it. The Dogs of Winter was a very touching story, it made me really think about how lucky I am to have a great family and friends. If you like animal stories this is a great one for you. I will read it over and over. GO BOBBIE PYRON!!

10. January 14th, 2014 at 1:53 pm       kiaswords Says:

I think this was a good book! I learned that Russia has a lot of kids on the street. I feel bad for them! I don’t know how I would live on the street.

11. January 10th, 2014 at 9:09 am       be crazy Says:

Dogs of the winter was a great book once I read it I fell in love whith. the book

12. January 10th, 2014 at 7:59 am       ASFJerome Says:

His sounds like an awesome book can’t wait to read it!

13. January 8th, 2014 at 8:23 am       dr. hill Says:

I like that it is about adventure and lessons. I do not like how it ends

Without giving any spoilers, can you tell us what kind of an ending you would have preferred? Kate Davie

14. January 6th, 2014 at 12:38 pm       Miggy Says:

This was an amazing book and I loved how the dogs played such a big part in Mishkas life. I also believe that this is an emotional story, while reading I realized how lucky I am that I have a family who loves me and I have a place to sleep, food and warmth waiting for me everyday and night. This book was one of my favorites and I hope that everyone will get a chance to read this fascinating story. At the end i realized when I read the author note that this was real. It wasnt a fantasy it was someones life. This story and the boy in it will always have a special place in my heart.

15. January 3rd, 2014 at 11:35 am       jacob Says:

this is my favorite book

Why do you like it best? Kate Davie

16. November 19th, 2013 at 4:55 pm       MHSBG Says:

I think I should read this book. It sounds really good.

Absolutely! Please let us know what you think about it when you do! Kate Davie

17. November 18th, 2013 at 8:01 am       mhsjo Says:

I really like this book even though i haven’t read it all. Its really sad

18. November 14th, 2013 at 7:56 am       Anonymous Says:

I love this book! It’s so sad and cute and beautifully written at the same time!!! This book reminded me of Percy Jackson. It has adventure, humor, and abuse. Read this book.

-APB

The Percy Jackson connection is intriguing! How did it remind you of those books? — Kate Davie

19. October 25th, 2013 at 12:25 pm       wkmaddog Says:

Katie davie
    thank you for letting me know i will try to put more interesting detail for other people to notice.

Yes, that’s the way we get literary conversations going! Kate Davie

20. October 24th, 2013 at 2:09 pm       wkmaddog Says:

wkmaddog :This book is so wonderful because its full of adventures and a life long story that you can understand. full of dangerous story’s but filled with excitement and passion. A book you must see and believe the story’s that you understand.

21. October 12th, 2013 at 5:21 am       wkmaddog Says:

I love this book because you get to see a life of a young homeless boy and you get to see the adventures that mishka been through. Mishka is the young boy in the book. I thought this adventure was going to be different. But its better than different. After mishka lost his mom in the city she always wore a red coat. Every night or day mishka always looked for a red coat. Even though [Spoiler info deleted.] he wouldn’t see his mother anymore mishka always new that his mom was still with him.

Wkmaddog, I love your phrase “better than different”! I think it will definitely encourage other readers to pick this book. Kate Davie

22. September 27th, 2013 at 10:05 am       wkdr; Says:

i love this book because there is a kid and he watches his mom do everything that she does like hang the close on the line and he watches his mom do the dishes

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Themes

Recent Comments