The Boy on Cinnamon Street

June20

boy on c st                                                                          by Phoebe Stone

Since a tragedy she cannot remember, thirteen-year-old Louise has changed her name, given up gymnastics, moved in with her grandparents, and locked her feelings inside, but through her friends Reni and Hen and notes from a secret admirer she begins to find herself again.

40 Comments to

“The Boy on Cinnamon Street”

1. April 23rd, 2014 at 5:36 am       lovegirl Says:

I loved this book its my 2nd favorite it is really me

This book seemed to generate a lot of emotional attachments with its readers! Did your 1st favorite do the same? Kate Davie

2. April 19th, 2014 at 11:45 am       bob123 Says:

I loved this book when I finished it! I wanted to read it again. It is very good book.

3. March 31st, 2014 at 8:07 am       Mr.faceanator Says:

I love this book because Louise has a secret admirer. she thinks its the pizza guy Paul McCartney. Louise starts putting in bumper stickers and love notes in Paul’s locker. Then she finds out who it really is.

4. March 18th, 2014 at 11:33 am       coco Says:

I love this book. My favorite character is Reni because i love how she is so interested in Louise’s love life.

5. March 7th, 2014 at 12:39 pm       Bri Says:

This book was alright, but i didn’t get interested in the book until a little over halfway through The Boy on Cinnamon Street. But, i think this book was good. My favorite part would be towards the end when Louise starts to care about what she thinks, and not what others think, and when she finds out [Spoiler info deleted. Kate Davie] is the one who has been writing her notes, and drawing hearts with chalk on her sidewalk, plus wrote the book Thumbelina. It was adorable!

6. February 11th, 2014 at 1:36 pm       bubblecheese4 Says:

I love the beginning of the book. I like how she has a secret admire and that she thinks its the pizza guy.

7. February 1st, 2014 at 10:39 am       bob 123 Says:

i loved this book because it helped me relize what to do when i like someone that i really like [Off topic info deleted. Kate Davie]

8. January 31st, 2014 at 8:25 am       Basheruniverse Says:

Me no like love story it to mushy and stuff it confusing make me feel stupid but i am already too bad it is sad that she doesnt know her lover and that make the book long and suspenceful but it is also boring

Many people might think that describing one book as both “suspenseful” and “boring” is contradictory! Maybe you would prefer a book with a bit more action in it, Fourmile, Shadow on the Mountain, or The False Prince. Kate Davie

9. January 29th, 2014 at 1:56 pm       Gymnast Girl Says:

I am reading this book right now. I am almost finished. I thought her mother had gotten in a car accident but what really happened is so much worse! (I don’t want to be a spoiler! :) ) I feel where Louise is coming from cause I am short and people make fun of me too! I felt that there was a lot of drama but I loved it!!! :)

10. January 25th, 2014 at 12:50 pm       phoebe Says:

izzy mae says that this book is mystery but m y friend told me that this was not mystery at all leave more blogs so I can know what this book is about I really want to read it

If you really want to read it, then you probably know enough about the book to go ahead and start! Once you have read a few pages, I bet you’ll like it so much that you won’t care whether it is a mystery or not! Kate Davie

11. January 23rd, 2014 at 9:18 am       Izzy Mae Says:

I absolutely loved this book it is a cross between a love story and a mystery. All this time Thumb was looking for the wrong person when the right one was right before her eyes.

12. January 22nd, 2014 at 7:40 am       Cupcake sugar Says:

I couldn’t put this book down it was SO good. If you like romantic books then this is the book for you. I think this is one of the best books on the list. :)

13. January 17th, 2014 at 8:14 am       JeromeASF Says:

Dis Book IS GOOD BUT WINNING HUNGERGAMES IS MUCH BETTER #MINECRAFTALLTHEWAY

The Hunger Games won the DCF Award in 2010, which you could consider proof that reading DCF books is a good way to keep up with best in middle school fiction. Kate Davie

14. January 17th, 2014 at 8:10 am       Satan Says:

I bring fire to this book mwhahahaha!!!

I think we need a bit more clarity here. Does that mean you didn’t like it? Perhaps you are more of an action/adventure fan. Or, did you like it so much that you want to immolate it as act of respect and devotion? That must mean you are a romance fan! Kate Davie

15. January 17th, 2014 at 8:05 am       #SWAGGITYSWAGSWAG Says:

Yo dis book is so jammin i kould read its so much dawg.

Okay, but the question is, DID you read it, and if you did, what did you think about it? Kate Davie

16. January 16th, 2014 at 8:25 am       monkey12345 Says:

This book was cool. It’s about a girl who gets this note from a guy and she thinks its the pizza delivery guy. Then secret admirer starts to be very mysterious by sending more notes and he drew on her front porch. Then she had her friend Henderson write a note to him saying she liked him but she really doesn’t. After that she goes to the park to do gymnastics because she gave away her beam (well she sold it) and she finds a camera on the park bench. She looks at all the pictures and see’s [Spoiler info deleted. Kate Davie]
    I liked how the girl liked gymnastics because I love gymnastics!!!!!
    I’m sorry I forgot the girls name its been a long time from when I read it.

17. January 14th, 2014 at 1:47 pm       puppy#1 Says:

This is an amazing book. I would highly recommend it. To any one who likes gymnastics.

18. January 10th, 2014 at 1:26 pm       happybunny Says:

I am not trying to be rude but I did not really like this book. It was a little boring for me but if you like romance or gymnastics this is the book for you.

I think this title is clearly identifying the romance fans! Kate Davie

19. January 10th, 2014 at 8:12 am       Cinnamon street lover Says:

I thought it was ADORABLE Hen was a amazing character.

20. January 10th, 2014 at 8:11 am       Anonymous Says:

I loved how it was just so cute and they hid it like hen was [Spoiler info deleted. Kate Davie] it was just so cute. Henderson was an amazing character. Never saw it coming

21. January 10th, 2014 at 7:53 am       puppylover Says:

I did not really like this book. It was a little boring for me, but if you like romance then this is the book for you. There are some toching parts too.

The romance readers certainly are in love with it. Perhaps, for you, Little Dog, Lost or The Dogs of Winter would be a more suitable choice. — Kate Davie

22. January 9th, 2014 at 8:24 am       bob 123 Says:

I love this book because it relates to something that I’m kinda going through. I also like it because for one: it is a DCF. Two: for some reason when I listened to the book it was just amazing.

23. January 8th, 2014 at 8:20 am       zebra lover 152 Says:

I love this book. It’s full of mystery and romance. It’s amazing and you should try reading it.

24. December 17th, 2013 at 9:16 am       Snowfie Says:

This book is a wonderful book full of mystery and magic, it is a wonderful book for girls that like to read. It is a great book for girls of all ages, especially pre teens.

No boys? Kate Davie

25. December 10th, 2013 at 1:19 pm       Library Geek Says:

It had an ongoing theme throughout the book. Thumbilina was lOnely and had just given up her best interest, and she is just so… I can’t really think of a word to discribe it.

26. December 10th, 2013 at 12:18 pm       kpretty Says:

It was boring because, it’s too mushy… if it had just been about a girl who got a note and was looking for the person and then found him, not is she going to find him or not? If it wasn’t so mushy I would’ve enjoyed it more.

True, mush isn’t for everybody. Some people really like it though, romances make up a large part of the total book market. There are other books on the list that will probably suit you better, and now the mush fans know where to go! Kate Davie

27. December 4th, 2013 at 7:04 am       Katniss Says:

This was a really good book!I enjoyed it a lot!

28. November 19th, 2013 at 9:42 am       demigod Says:

I’m sorry, and thanks for noticing. I try not to be rude, but I like being right. ;)

Polite and right is a good way to be! Kate Davie

29. November 18th, 2013 at 6:12 pm       demigod Says:

Hey, Sabrina, no spoilers PLEASE! ;)

Sorry, Demigod, I’m supposed to be the spoiler filter! Please pardon my lapse in judgement. Kate Davie

30. November 18th, 2013 at 7:56 am       MHSNM Says:

I’m not finished, but I love this book so far! It has romance and comedy. I hope other people read this book because it’s really good.

31. November 15th, 2013 at 12:23 pm       Sabrina Says:

I liked the book The Boy on Cinnamon Street because it was realistic. It was a romance but it never showed until the end. It was amazing how Henderson tried so hard to get Thumbilina to love her, but she didn’t notice him. I liked the part when [Spoiler info deleted -- Kate Davie]. I would recommend this book to you if you like stories that make sense to you but it takes longer for the character to figure things out. Also if you like romance, then this would be the book for you.

32. November 15th, 2013 at 7:58 am       mhs km Says:

great book because it made me really think of my own life

33. November 12th, 2013 at 9:24 am       halls123 Says:

should i read it?

Absolutely! Then let us know what you thought about it. Kate Davie

34. November 5th, 2013 at 11:03 am       NTJ Says:

A really good book!!

What exactly makes you say that? Kate Davie

35. October 28th, 2013 at 11:12 am       librarygeek Says:

I read it, loved it, and I recommend it.

Can you tell us why you loved it? Kate Davie

36. October 23rd, 2013 at 7:32 am       Liliana Says:

This book is awesome i just finished reading it and I think if you love mystery and a little love then you would like this book a lot.

37. October 22nd, 2013 at 1:04 pm       rottiegirl2003 Says:

This book is great! I had to get more books from Pheobe Stone because it was so good! This book never had me bored! If you like books about romance and mysteries this is a must read!

38. October 20th, 2013 at 12:13 pm       katniss Says:

this book is probably number 2 on my list of favorite dcfs (its tied with three times lucky) I loved this book read it

39. September 19th, 2013 at 11:48 am       Ashes Says:

This was an awesome book!

Why? — Kate Davie

40. June 22nd, 2013 at 11:58 am       demigod Says:

I really liked this book!

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Themes

Recent Comments