Summer of the Gypsy Moths

June20

gypsy mothsby Sara Pennypacker

A foster child named Angel and twelve-year-old Stella, who are living with Stella’s great-aunt Louise at the Linger Longer Cottage Colony on Cape Cod, secretly assume responsibility for the vacation rentals when Louise unexpectedly dies and the girls are afraid of being returned to the foster care system.

13 Comments to

“Summer of the Gypsy Moths”

1. March 18th, 2014 at 11:27 am       Dudelalalalalalahehehe you funny Says:

This book is by far the best book I have read in this DCF year!!! I love all the action and the cliff hangers at the end of each chapter!!! I highly recommend this book. :p

2. February 7th, 2014 at 7:57 am       Basheruniverse Says:

Why is her name Angel isn’t that a fairy thingy.[Off topic info deleted.]

Many supernatural beings sport wings. But Angel is a more common first name than Fairy Thingy. I assume that is why the author went with it. Kate Davie

3. January 23rd, 2014 at 7:28 pm       demigod Says:

I know this wouldn’t have made a verg good story, butI personally think they should have just told *someone* about what happened…

(Spoiler info kept out on purpose… ;)

4. January 8th, 2014 at 8:06 am       Serena Says:

I love how Aunt Louise [Spoiler info deleted. Kate Davie] and how the girls slowly become friends. Stella and Angel did a good job keeping the secret about Liz : her friends and family, and the people who will take them back to the orphanage. I reccommend this book to anyone who likes secrets and perserverance.

5. December 22nd, 2013 at 4:13 pm       Book lover 99 Says:

WOW this book is one of the best. Love the characters and setting!

6. December 6th, 2013 at 12:01 pm       Anonymous Says:

What are the ages between the readers??

Hmm — exactly which readers do you mean? Kate Davie

7. November 21st, 2013 at 2:55 pm       jabby12345 Says:

I love the way there is two orphans, who hate each other because they are angry about their parents deaths, and when disaster strikes, they slowly get to know each other, become friends, and take on a huge role. I love the ending too, ’cause it all[Spoiler info deleted. Kate Davie].

8. November 18th, 2013 at 8:02 am       mhsss Says:

I liked this book a lot. It was slightly funny and a little mysterious. It was probably my fifth favorite of the thirty and I’ve read it three times.

Ooh, another All 30 reader. Congratulations! Kate Davie

9. November 12th, 2013 at 12:41 pm       Dudelalalalalalahehehe you funny Says:

I loved this book. It is one of my favorite books along with See You at Harrys. I love these 2 books because something is always happening in them. I highly recommend this book!!!

10. October 28th, 2013 at 11:20 am       librarygeek Says:

This book most likely my favorite, but it has a battle with See you at Harry’s. One of the reasons I love this book is because of the mystery and the fact that everyone remained clueless.

11. October 22nd, 2013 at 8:20 am       J Dog 11 Says:

I really enjoyed the book alot I like how the try to keep it a secret from everybody and I like books that are mysterys

12. September 19th, 2013 at 4:47 pm       wkCG: buffalo sabers Says:

I didn’t get far in the book, but from what I have read, I think it’s a pretty good book. One of the reasons I like it is because it’s not to hard, but it’s not to easy. It’s just right. Another reason I like it is because I don’t understand every single thing.

I bet authors like it when readers enjoy a little mysteriousness in their books. — Kate Davie

13. September 19th, 2013 at 8:43 am       wkcg:buffalo sabers Says:

When I started reading this book, I didn’t understand what it was about. Now I kind of understand, but there are still some things I don’t get.

Which parts are those? Maybe another reader can help you out. — Kate Davie

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Themes

Recent Comments