Shadow on the Mountain

June20

shadow on the mtnby Margi Preus

In Nazi-occupied Norway, fourteen-year-old Espen joins the resistance movement, graduating from deliverer of illegal newspapers to courier and spy.

11 Comments to

“Shadow on the Mountain”

1. March 26th, 2014 at 7:17 am       your mom Says:

I like this book but wouldn’t it be wierd if your town was getting taken over by the natzies?

Weird and horrible! Kate Davie

2. January 31st, 2014 at 9:37 am       Badumdum11 Says:

This book is for people that are interested in learning about the Holocaust and history about Nazi Germany.It was kind of confusing part way through the book but in the end is amazing and it held my interest to keep reading.Most books are “and they lived happily ever after” but this book had a mystery at the end that would keep you guessing if there will be a whole series or just stop there.(OVERALL)
    3 star book in my opinion.

3. January 31st, 2014 at 8:09 am       Basheruniverse Says:

This sounds a lot like The Klipfish Code

Well, yes, they are both set in Nazi-occupied Norway. But how do the plot and characters compare? Kate Davie

4. January 14th, 2014 at 7:16 am       Trevor Says:

I think Shadow on the Mountain is a great book and it will teach you a lot about WW2 and the Nazis and I would recommend this book for 5th grade and up to 10th grade

5. January 10th, 2014 at 9:12 am       awesomeness1 Says:

A little bit confusing towards beginning,but over all a great book full of suspense,adventure during the hard times of WWII.Margi Preus is a great author!

6. December 13th, 2013 at 9:44 am       phockey Says:

This book is great for readers who like action, thrillers, and expedition. I recommend this book to 8th graders all the way up to 10th grade. Margi Preus has changed readibng for me because she uses her words in a special way that fits the story and makes it better and better as the story goes on.

That’s quite a compliment to an author. You might want to check out her web site at . You will find information about her other books there, and at least one of them sounds as though it might be an excellent reading choice for you. Kate Davie

7. November 21st, 2013 at 2:58 pm       jabby12345 Says:

This book was pretty good, and I’m surprised that not many people are here discussing it, but I love the time era, because it’s so interesting to learn about, and find out how different it was, even though it’s not that long ago.

8. October 22nd, 2013 at 9:19 am       soysauce Says:

I think that Shadow on the Mnt is a really great book. It is my Personal favorite book. If you like Historical fiction that is in world war ll time period this is the book for you! You should probably read this book. it might be hard to follow but it is really good.

9. September 25th, 2013 at 4:02 pm       wktm:tiger Says:

I would recommend this book people who are mature because if you are in second grade you will not understand this book because if you don’t know who the Nazis are than this book will make no sense.This book is very suspenseful and sometimes funny. For example when Espen mentions the germans skiing he says that they wipeout all day long and when Espen go’s to deliver secret newspapers he gets cot by his friend. Espen has a lot on his mind and a lot going on. If you like historical fiction books this is one.

10. September 24th, 2013 at 4:24 pm       wktm:tiger Says:

This book is good if you want to learn about world war II and the Nazis invading Norway.

11. September 19th, 2013 at 8:36 am       wktm:tiger Says:

This book is about the Nazi’s and Norway.My favorite character is Espen because he plays the most important roll in this book.

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Themes

Recent Comments