Shadow and Bone

June20

shadow and boneby Leigh Bardugo

Orphaned by the Border Wars, Alina Starkov is taken from obscurity, and her only friend, Mal, to become the protege  of the mysterious Darkling, who trains her to join the magical elite in the belief that she is the Sun Summoner, who can destroy the monsters of the Fold.

by posted under Shadow and Bone | 32 Comments »    
32 Comments to

“Shadow and Bone”

1. March 14th, 2014 at 11:31 am       country_girl11 Says:

this was a great book!!!!

2. January 22nd, 2014 at 2:58 pm       bookworm:) Says:

I loved this book so much! I just finished a book project for my english class on this.

3. January 22nd, 2014 at 8:23 am       Orc king Says:

I think that it is a good book because it is an adventure book and I really like adventure books. It reminds me of Gregor the Overlander because there are epic battles.

Yes, I can see why the darker elements of this book would appeal to an Orc King! Kate Davie

4. January 8th, 2014 at 9:09 am       The Spoon who jumped over the moon Says:

This was a great book, and the genre was what you’d get if you combined Harry Potter, and The Hunger Games. For me, this was the BEST book on the list.

5. January 2nd, 2014 at 1:05 pm       Riordan fan Says:

this book is so good. I want it so badly to win this years competition because it deserves it sooo much. Also anybody who likes ANY Rick Riordan books will also like this book.

6. December 5th, 2013 at 10:36 am       AthenaGirl Says:

I have this thing for evil people and unfortunately this means I like The Darkling,as in,more even than Mal which is just weird I know but whatever!:)

7. December 4th, 2013 at 2:25 pm       demigod Says:

I just got Siege and Storm!!! :)

8. December 4th, 2013 at 7:07 am       Katniss Says:

I loved Shadow And Bone! I read Siege And Storm as soon as it came out and am eagerly awaiting Ruin And Rising!

9. November 18th, 2013 at 7:00 pm       demigod Says:

I think that you can love this book no matter what kind of books you like! ;)

Mal is especially cool. (lol)

10. November 18th, 2013 at 10:53 am       cosmos Says:

I loved this book! Anyone who likes the hunger games, anything by Rick Riordan, or just fiction in general will love this book adults,middle schoolers!

11. November 15th, 2013 at 4:31 am       Anne-Marie Says:

Shadow and Bone is one of the best books I’ve ever read! Leigh Baradugo is an amazing author, and weaves such skill in her writing.

If you liked Percy Jackson, Divergent, Hunger Games, even Harry Potter, you’ll totally love this book.

12. November 5th, 2013 at 6:10 pm       demigod Says:

I read it now, and I must admit, it is REALLY GOOD! I am going to try to get Siege and Storm when it comes out! (^_^)

13. October 27th, 2013 at 10:09 am       wkab:dog Says:

what reading level are you at Dramatic darf 77

14. October 27th, 2013 at 10:07 am       wkab:dog Says:

mily123, why is it a sad book?

15. October 27th, 2013 at 10:06 am       wkab:dog Says:

I also like this book because of at the end she [Spoiler info deleted. Kate Davie] by the dark-ling when she was trying to run away

16. October 27th, 2013 at 10:03 am       wkab:dog Says:

I like this book because at the beginning she is just a regular girl.And it’s the best book i have ever read.

17. October 22nd, 2013 at 3:18 pm       mily562 Says:

shadow and bone is a sad book

18. October 22nd, 2013 at 6:22 am       Dramatic Dwarf 77 Says:

Shadow and Bone is clearly the best DCF book for me. It’s right at my reading level. A GREAT read!!!!!!!

19. October 16th, 2013 at 4:09 pm       Rainbowcat Says:

I think this is the best book on the list!!! It’s about magic…

20. October 16th, 2013 at 12:16 pm       demigod Says:

(That just means, for older kids, sure, but younger kids? NO.

Well, not all books are for all readers, even on the DCF list! If you look at the Master List of the DCF books, you will see that the selection committee has assigned recommended grade levels for every title. Shadow and Bone is recommended there for grades 7 and up. I imagine that the committee didn’t want the older readers to miss out on this title just because it wasn’t perfect for the youngest DCF readers. I’m sure your librarian has the contact information for the selection committee if you would like to discuss it with them. They like to hear from student readers! Kate Davie

21. October 16th, 2013 at 12:14 pm       demigod Says:

I have not read this book, but I have been told that it is a young adult book and that some parts are inappropriate, and that it SHOULD NOT be a dcf book because dcf books are for grades 4-9
    and i’m sorry, but I don’t think 9 year olds should be encouraged to read this. I have heard that it is also a really good book.

22. October 4th, 2013 at 6:08 am       Book lover Says:

SHADOW AND BONE IS A STORY ABOUT SURVIEL AND BEST FRIENDS AND TRUE LOVE IF YOU READ THIS BOOK YOU WILL FALL IN LOVE WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. September 30th, 2013 at 3:22 am       wken:ny Says:

I agree with you Wkmb:hp I thought page 20 was well written too also if you haven’t read the hunger games you may still like it.

24. September 29th, 2013 at 8:16 am       wkab:dog Says:

Who is the main character and is this book a mystery or another genre.

25. September 27th, 2013 at 10:11 am       Anonymous Says:

wkmb:hp I really liked how you went back to the text and got a sentence and put a description about it.Who are the characters?

26. September 27th, 2013 at 10:09 am       wken:ny Says:

Mal and alina where friends but it wasn’t until Alina went away that you realize how strong their
    friendship is. They couldn’t be farther apart but couldn’t be closer together

Thanks! That is a very comforting thought for those of us with friends far away. Kate Davie

27. September 26th, 2013 at 10:11 am       wkmb:hp Says:

WKENNY,
    if somebody doesn’t like the hunger games will they still enjoy this book? and why is this book your favorite, do you have a favorite part that makes it your favorite?

28. September 25th, 2013 at 10:25 am       wkmb:hp Says:

in this book i really love the way the author describes the characters like on page 20 Alina tells Alexei about Mal and this is how she describes him he was short and pudgy and afraid of baths”, it feels like the characters just popped out of the book and told me all about them.

I love your choice of text to support your statement. I feel as though I know that person too! — Kate Davie

29. September 19th, 2013 at 11:47 am       Ashes Says:

This book was very suspensful. A great read.

30. September 19th, 2013 at 8:40 am       wken:ny Says:

hi again I need to add to what I said before the reason I like it is because it was so descriptive and it painted a picture in your mind

31. September 19th, 2013 at 8:27 am       wkenny Says:

this is the best book Ive read all year (only because I read the hunger games trilogy last year) I thought that it was so well written and so like nothing you can imagine like nothing Ive ever read fans or the huger games will love this book.YOU NEED TO READ THIS BOOK!!!

This is great! I am always looking for books that The Hunger Games fans will enjoy! — Kate Davie

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Themes

Recent Comments