See You At Harry’s

June20

see youby Jo Knowles

Twelve-year-old Fern feels invisible in her family, where grumpy eighteen-year-old Sarah is working at the family restaurant, fourteen-year-old Holden is struggling with school bullies and his emerging homosexuality, and adorable, three-year-old Charlie is always the center of attention, and when tragedy strikes, the fragile bond holding the family together is stretched almost to the breaking point.

by posted under See You at Harry's | 32 Comments »    
32 Comments to

“See You At Harry’s”

1. April 7th, 2014 at 5:59 am       Sip line Says:

Loved it!! Kind of sad though.

2. March 18th, 2014 at 11:35 am       Dudelalalalalalahehehe you funny Says:

This book is so…different…..i give….5 STARS!!!

What did you think was the most unusual quality it has? Kate Davie

3. March 18th, 2014 at 8:09 am       cool guy 1 Says:

This is awesome. If u havent read it u should it is good but kinda sad

4. March 11th, 2014 at 12:45 pm       kiaswords Says:

Reading this book lifted my spirits about what people have think about gay people and how they feel. I love Charley the most cause he reminds me of my brother with how he is annoying.

5. March 7th, 2014 at 9:58 am       Dman Says:

The book see you at Harrys is the best book ever. My favriote part is when wren gets pulled over

6. March 7th, 2014 at 9:56 am       Alpha-Anna Says:

This book made me cry. Out of all the DCF’s I’ve read so far, this was the saddest. But even though, I loved this book. My favorite charechter was Holden because he wasn’t afraid to defend Fern on the bus and just in life. Love it!!! ;- )

7. February 19th, 2014 at 11:54 am       Justhatgamer Says:

I loved this book! It was very sad seeing I have a little brother and imagining that happing it to him made me cry, but it is a great book. After I read it it played in my head over and over and over again. It was great!

8. January 22nd, 2014 at 7:49 am       cowlover1100 Says:

This book is very sad and exciting at the same time. It is really funny.
    I liked it when Charlie said “See you at Hawwy’s.”(you will get that when you read it).

9. January 15th, 2014 at 12:31 pm       Sunny Says:

Great book, I really liked the exciting and interesting events and the main character had a great personality.It was sad in some parts, but lots of drama going on too,(which made it interesting) Great author!
    I would highly recommend this book.

My best book EVER read!

10. January 10th, 2014 at 8:14 am       Immortal gameplay Says:

Awesome sounding book I wanna read did book!

11. January 7th, 2014 at 7:20 am       Natalie Says:

This is the twenty seventh DCF books that I have read and it is one of the far best ones. It is so detailed and the story is wonderful but emotional. The main character, Fern, feels like her world is upside down. Her family owns a cafe, and her parents embarrass her all the time. She feels like her toddler brother, Charlie gets all the attention. But when a tragedy hits hers and her family’s life, she is left feeling guilty and devastated and she feels like it is all her fault. I really like this book, and last year, I listened to the author of this book tell about it. She said that when she was little, there actually was a tragedy that happened in her life, which was based on the tragedy in the book. I recommend this book for anyone who loves sad and emotional books, but still have some happy parts too. This book broke my heart but put it back together in the end, and it’s definitely one of my very favorites so far.

12. December 17th, 2013 at 9:12 am       pet girl Says:

Love this book it has such good description but is sad.

13. December 10th, 2013 at 2:26 pm       puppy#1 Says:

The way she makes it seem so real. I can’t believe it. I had dreams about it until I finished it.

14. December 9th, 2013 at 5:43 am       stmartin205 Says:

Loved this book! If you’re looking for a good cry, go for this one! Very realistic and easy to follow. One of my favorites this year!

15. November 15th, 2013 at 6:57 am       MHSmkimble Says:

It was really good. But, not as sad as everyone said it would be. It’s an amazing story that shows real life. I liked how the author made it seem so real

16. November 14th, 2013 at 7:54 am       fluffNugget Says:

this book was great! it was so sad though! It had a good ending though

17. November 12th, 2013 at 12:42 pm       Morgs Says:

It is a great book because it is sad in a good way people you should read it

18. November 7th, 2013 at 1:55 pm       Gymnast Girl Says:

I love this book it made me cry myself to sleep. I encourage other people to read it! This is a very emotional book and almost everyone in my school who has read it has loved it!

Thank you for pointing out that sometimes a sad book is the most satisfying read possible! Kate Davie

19. October 25th, 2013 at 6:08 am       hey you Says:

i love this book but it is really sad

20. October 24th, 2013 at 7:09 am       hellokitty-queen3 Says:

I’m in love with this book! I haven’t read all of it yet. But in every minute it’s getting sadder and sadder.

21. October 23rd, 2013 at 1:24 pm       wkcc:awseomeness Says:

anonyms who told you about the book family, friend who told you And what did you hear that made you want to read it

22. October 23rd, 2013 at 7:29 am       Jenna Says:

I loved this book! It was really sad and it almost made me cry! I really like how realistic the book was, I think that’s why you can really feel what Fern is feeling. The author did such an amazing job with this book.

23. October 22nd, 2013 at 6:23 am       rottiegirl2003 Says:

See you at Harry’s is sad but sooooo good! Fern feels invisible and blamed for a family tragedy. This is a must read for everyone! Once you start to read this amazing book you will not be able to put it down!

24. October 4th, 2013 at 6:08 am       puppylove Says:

I’m sorry for fern

What do you think she will do next? Kate Davie

25. October 4th, 2013 at 6:04 am       chloe Says:

charlie is funny but also sad

26. September 30th, 2013 at 4:07 am       wkcc:awesomeness Says:

demigod why did make you cry I read it I don’t think its that sad I really didn’t cry I cant see why people cried but in paticallor why did you cry and how did it make you sad

27. September 27th, 2013 at 5:54 pm       demigod Says:

Awesome book but it made me cry. Wont spoil, though. :)

28. September 27th, 2013 at 7:01 am       DCF LOVER Says:

This book is really one of the best books I have ever read. Fern feels invisible. Its hard not to when little brother Charlie gets all the attention. Holden is going through a tough time, and Sarah may never understand Fern. Fern’s parents run a family restaurant and it is the center of there world, constantly having to be there. Fern thinks her world cant get any worse, UNTIL…

29. September 19th, 2013 at 12:25 pm       Anonymous Says:

see you at harrys is the best book i have read when i heard about it i just head had to red it!

30. September 19th, 2013 at 11:49 am       Ashes Says:

This book made me cry! But it makes you feel happier to. Being sad isn’t always bad!

31. September 15th, 2013 at 5:57 pm       Sappyreader Says:

I am a sucker for a sad story and I always have been. While reading, I could not help imagining what it would be like to be in Fern’s shoes. I feel like I would have dealt with some of the tough stuff differently but who knows. This book made me feel so lucky. I look forward to more books by this author.

32. August 28th, 2013 at 2:19 pm       Librarygeek Says:

Sorry ! I read this about two weeks ago and it was great! I especially
    loved all of the trauma that Fern has to deal with. I mean it was sad, but it really was what made the book interesting. In the beginning I thought I wouldn’t really like it, but it’s my fav. so far!!!
    Librarygeek

Librarygeek, it’s great to see someone talking about why “sad” doesn’t mean the same as “bad.” It’s perfectly okay to love trauma when it’s in a book! — Kate Davie

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Themes

Recent Comments