One for the Murphys

June20

murphysby Lynda Mullaly Hunt

After heartbreaking betrayal, Carley is sent to live with a foster family and struggles with opening herself up to their love.

by posted under Uncategorized | 29 Comments »    
29 Comments to

“One for the Murphys”

1. March 19th, 2014 at 7:39 am       Sleepover Says:

Reading this book right now. Like how Carley speaks her mind, also like Adam!!!!

2. March 7th, 2014 at 12:36 pm       Sunny Says:

Great book.REALLY loved it. I liked how it took Carley into foster care and Carley told how she felt about her Mom and the Murphy’s and comparing them. And she is brave and kind AND my favorite character!

3. March 7th, 2014 at 10:04 am       shorty Says:

One for the murphys is a great book theres always a shocking part in each chapter so read it!!!

4. March 7th, 2014 at 10:04 am       Maleena Says:

Sad but happy!!!!!

5. March 7th, 2014 at 10:02 am       ace Says:

I love this book it is great. I think you should read this book if did not.

What did you like about it? Kate Davie

6. March 6th, 2014 at 10:09 am       Sabrina Says:

One for the Murphy’s is a very good book. The book is sad and happy. Carley was very sad that she had to go to a different family. The happy part is when she mad a friend.

7. February 26th, 2014 at 5:11 am       AdelaideH Pin Says:

One for the Murphys a well written book with lots of twists and turns. I picked up this book after my friend told me it was a great book. When I first started to read this book it was a tad bit boring, but it quickly got a lot better. I could really fell what Carley was feeling. Throughout this story Carley changes a lot she learns about who she is. I would highly recommend this book. Even if you don’t really like reading you will enjoy this heart breaking and heart warming story of a twelve year old girl who’s mother’s bad choses leave her as a foster kid.

8. January 31st, 2014 at 11:29 am       IsabelPin Says:

When her mother’s choice affects her whole life in just one night, Carley Conners is not quite sure how to keep her composure. She is sent to a foster home where she longs for her old life back, though she can’t seem to forgive her mother for that wretched choice. She begins to enjoy her foster family, and she even catches herself wishing it was hers. When she finally gets the long awaited news that her mother is okay and can see her, she is filled with mixed emotions. Will she go back with her mom? Will the Murphys adopt her? Will she even have a choice?
    Throughout the whole book you will find yourself willing Carley to do the right thing. This book is filled with so much emotion, and you may find that you relate to the book. It is a matter of Carley wishing for the thing she is missing; her own mother, a loving family, a place where she gets to live her childhood.

What a lovely, thoughtful post! It took me right back to the way I felt when I turned the last page! Kate Davie

9. January 30th, 2014 at 12:28 pm       LilyP PIN Says:

One for the Murphys is an amazing book. I encourage you to read it. I am usually not a big reader but once I started, I couldn’t put it down. The characters are described so well. My favorite character is Carly. In this book Carly is sent to stay with the Murphys. She has never had a sibling before but the Murphys have three boys. Carly learns to express her feelings and how to trust.

10. January 29th, 2014 at 9:30 am       Soccer gal Says:

This book made me cry. I love the the bond carley makes with the Murphy’s. You shoul read it because you really can feel the story.

Yes — the consensus at my school is that it is at least a three-hanky book! Kate Davie

11. January 23rd, 2014 at 8:30 am       Puppy Says:

This book is an amazing book it I will leave you crying and smiling you should read this book.

12. January 14th, 2014 at 7:33 am       bball lover Says:

This book is amazing and really grabs from the start. I love that Carley had a great time and enjoyed her stay. It is a little bit eye watering at some points, but is mostly a happy story. I can’t explain how intreguing this book is in words, but one of my favorite parts is the relationship between the Murphy boys and Carley

13. January 9th, 2014 at 7:08 am       book lover Says:

This is a really good and sad book!!!

14. January 7th, 2014 at 7:19 am       pandas Says:

This book made me cry. I was telling my mom about the book and I started to cry. It’s really sad because Carly has been through so much. I couldn’t imagine a world like that. I don’t know how she can live like that. Personally I would cry everyday if that happened to me. I really recommend this book if you like to read a kind of sad story. I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don’t forget to think about how you would feel it would make the book 10 times better if that’s even possible! And remember write a comment to tell everyone how you liked the book!!!And don’t forget try to read all of the DCF books you can and DO NOT FORGET TO READ THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I especially don’t like the part when Michel Eric had a seizure and went to the hospital. It was really nice of Carley to give him the purple giraffe.

15. December 19th, 2013 at 11:25 am       sci-fi lover 13579 Says:

One for the Murphys made me cry. I think that this book would touch every ones heart that read it. I disliked when all the times she went to see her mom. I wish that she could have gone to see her mom once and clear everything once. Over all this book was amazing and really changed the way I look at life!

16. December 17th, 2013 at 10:04 am       zombie 110 Says:

this book is the best book i have ever read. its very sad what the girl has been through.

17. December 17th, 2013 at 9:12 am       so good Says:

This is a awesome book !!!!!!

18. December 6th, 2013 at 12:16 pm       Life_Of_A_Fangirl Says:

I am really enjoying the book One For The Murphys, although I have not finished it yet. It is really interesting and I bet some people can relate to the main character. I don’t want to give too much away, but this book kind of reminded me of the book Made In The U.S.A. in some ways. I love both books and I will be recommending this to all of my friends. It captures the feeling of someone who feels like they don’t belong, and is trying to find their place. I really love this book so far!

19. December 4th, 2013 at 7:09 am       Katniss Says:

I LOVED THIS BOOK!The ending actually made me cry though,I’ll probably vote for it…

20. November 18th, 2013 at 8:03 am       MHSNM Says:

I’m not done with the book, but I like it so far! I wish that Carley’s parents weren’t so mean to her, but I like the Murpheys because the people in the family are nice. I hope that other people read this book.

21. November 14th, 2013 at 4:29 pm       demigod Says:

REALLY GOOD! The end, of all things, made me cry. :’(

22. November 12th, 2013 at 2:42 pm       I love squirrels! Says:

I love this book so much!!! Very sad, but one of the best books ever. I recamend this book if you have not read it.

23. November 12th, 2013 at 12:43 pm       Millymac9202 Says:

I haven’t read this yet but I am so exsited to read it! It looks AWESOME!

Please let us know how it lives up to your expectations! Kate Davie

24. November 12th, 2013 at 9:23 am       I love squirrels! Says:

I love this booK!!!!!!! Also very sad but one of the best books ever!!! I reccomend this book.

25. October 23rd, 2013 at 8:44 am       pinklover Says:

This is a great book, but very sad, I cried.

26. October 22nd, 2013 at 3:16 pm       mily562 Says:

one for the Murphy’s is a book with a loving,calm, and welcoming family that brings joy where ever they go.

27. October 22nd, 2013 at 6:17 am       Twix901 Says:

One for the Murphy’s is a great book about a girl, Carley, who has gotten betrayed. She learns how to love and to get loved. I would definitely vote for this book. I miss Carley after finishing this book! You will laugh and cry along with Carley.

28. September 27th, 2013 at 7:06 am       DCF LOVER Says:

This is a great book about a brave girl, and a loving family.

29. September 23rd, 2013 at 12:28 pm       PEEP Says:

GREAT BOOK !!!!!!!!

What do you think was best about it? — Kate Davie

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Themes

Recent Comments