Laugh with the Moon

June20

laugh w the moonby Shana Burg

Massachusetts thirteen-year-old Clare, grieving after her mother’s recent death, reluctantly travels with her father to spend nine weeks in a remote village in Malawi, where new friends and experiences help open her mind and heart.

19 Comments to

“Laugh with the Moon”

1. April 9th, 2014 at 11:15 am       demigod Says:

Agreed! Have they announced the winner yet?

Nope. Voting doesn’t end until April 18th, so we still have a a little time on the tenterhooks. Kate Davie

2. April 8th, 2014 at 1:44 pm       demigod Says:

Maybe I will! Will you be there? (This is going so off topic! At least it’s still about the DCF stuff…)

Oh, yeah, award ceremony? Totally on topic! I plan on being at the award ceremony. Sometimes logistics are difficult, but our school has gone for the last few years. I love being in a room with that many people that I KNOW like to read. Kate Davie

3. April 8th, 2014 at 7:53 am       demigod Says:

@Kate Davie:
    I might go to the awards ceremony. There aren’t very many kids from our school who want to go, (only one other kid in my class voted!) so it’s pretty likely.

Maybe you could wear a “Hello, my name is: Demigod” nametag! Kate Davie

4. April 4th, 2014 at 7:55 am       demigod Says:

Okay people! I’ve just voted! *waits for applause to die down.* I voted for Laugh With the Moon as my first. This year though, it’s different, with your top 5.

Oh, and Kate Davie, you can’t believe how psyched I am! Escape From Mr. Lemoncello’s Library made it onto the 2014/15 list!!! Thank you SO SO much! *happy dance.* Bye now! See y’all on the next list! I may go by a different name, however. But you’ll know it’s me, I guarantee it! :D

(P.S I’m considering making my own edu-blogs blog….)

Super cool on all fronts! I hope you have as much fun with the next list as you did this one. Let us know if you do a book related blog, we could link to it. Will you be going to the award ceremony? Kate Davie

5. March 6th, 2014 at 8:35 am       Minecraft Chick Says:

This book is ok. It does not have lots of adventure in it. Its about a girl named clare and she moves to africa. But she is sad about going there. i give this book a 8 out of 10.

p.s it does not have minecraft in it :[

6. February 22nd, 2014 at 4:03 pm       mily562 Says:

Thirteen-year-old Clare Silver is stuck. Stuck in denial about her mother’s recent death. Stuck in the African jungle for sixty-four days without phone reception. Stuck with her father, a doctor who seems able to heal everyone but Clare.
    Clare feels like a fish out of water at Mzanga Full Primary School, where she must learn a new language. Soon, though, she becomes immersed in her new surroundings and impressed with her fellow students, who are crowded into a tiny space, working on the floor among roosters and centipedes.
    When Clare’s new friends take her on an outing to see the country, the trip goes horribly wrong, and Clare must face another heartbreak head-on. Only an orphan named Memory, who knows about love and loss, can teach Clare how to laugh with the moon.
    Told from an American girl’s perspective, this story about how death teaches us to live and how love endures through our memories will capture the hearts of readers everywhere.

7. February 10th, 2014 at 12:35 pm       Kactress12 Says:

This book was very good. I loved the part where Memory and Claire meet for the first time. It was nice how Memory took Claire under her wing. Although this book was good, it was also very sad. [Spoiler info deleted. Kate Davie] Right before the puppet show too! The puppet show was good anyways.

8. February 8th, 2014 at 4:59 pm       Library Geek Says:

This book was really good. It goes right up there with See you at Harry’s, and the native language is soooooooooo cool! I just wish that it told a little more about her mom.

9. January 29th, 2014 at 9:36 am       Hockey Captain 47 Says:

This is a very good book about making new friends. When you move away you may think you won’t get anymore friends. It turns out people who are different can be good friends.

10. January 14th, 2014 at 7:26 am       Soccer Star! Says:

Far, far away in Africa is where this story takes place in. Oops I mean this adventure takes place in, a huge adventure! If you love adventures in other country’s then this is your book!

11. January 14th, 2014 at 6:44 am       Natalie Says:

This book truly is one of the best ones out of the twenty eight that I have read. It is about a girl who has gone through a lot because of a recent tragedy. To make it even worse, her dad is going on a trip to Malawi, Africa, for his work, and he is making Claire, (The daughter) come along for the nine week trip. Throughout this book, there are many ups and downs for Claire, including lots of positive and negative and positive times and interactions with her new friends. She also has to go to a whole new school, which is much different from her old school back in New York. I found myself reading this book and once I started the first page, I couldn’t let it go. I recommend this book for anybody who wants a good read and loves lots of action at some times. I really loved, loved this book and the author really did a great job.

12. December 17th, 2013 at 9:20 am       Snowfie Says:

Laugh With The Moon is a great book for girls that like an adventure to far away lands.

13. December 4th, 2013 at 10:56 am       AthenaGirl Says:

I loved Laugh With The Moon,I might end up voting for it…

14. November 7th, 2013 at 7:08 am       book lover! Says:

I loved laugh with the moon!!! I thought it was so neat that it took place in Africa!! Also it help me appreciate my life a little more.

Which parts of your life? Kate Davie

15. September 27th, 2013 at 5:47 pm       demigod Says:

AGREED!

16. September 27th, 2013 at 6:42 am       DCF LOVER Says:

I really loved this book. I went to South America for 2 months so I can connect to Clare. It is scary to try knew things, but I learned that even the things you dread the most can end up being your biggest adventures. This book is a “must read”!

17. September 19th, 2013 at 8:42 am       wkbt:funbot123 Says:

I love this book so far!!! “The mob of children arrives. Their sticky fingers poke me, press me. Two tiny girls jump up to reach my hair. ‘Ouch!’ I rub my scalp. The girls shriek and run away, barefoot, across the field. ‘Dad!’ I manage to yell, but he doesn’t hear me, He’s being attacked too.” This has happened to me when I went to visit my cousin that lives there. So you should totally read it!!!!!

What a cool connection! Please let us know what you think about the rest of the book. — Kate Davie

18. July 2nd, 2013 at 4:16 pm       demigod Says:

Great idea, in my opinion!

19. June 29th, 2013 at 2:40 pm       demigod Says:

★I totally loved this book!★

Alright, I am definitely moving this up my reading list! — Kate Davie

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Themes

Recent Comments