I Funny

June20

i funnyby James Patterson and Chris Grabenstein

Resolving to become the world’s greatest stand-up comedian despite less-than-funny challenges in his life, wheelchair-bound middle school student Jamie Grimm endures bullying from his mean-spirited cousin and hopes he will be fairly judged when he enters a local comedy contest.

Check out this trailer from the Barnet Elementary School.

by posted under I Funny | 74 Comments »    
74 Comments to

“I Funny”

1. March 31st, 2014 at 8:23 am       snowflake Says:

I thought the book was very interesting. I like how you made the caractor in a wheelchair, and how he won the competition because he was in a wheelchair.

I have a question for you, Snowflake. Do you think he won the competition because he was in the wheelchair, or because he was the funniest kid? Kate Davie

2. March 31st, 2014 at 6:44 am       SMEEGLE 254 Says:

I like this book a lot. Who ever likes jokes then this is the book for you.

3. March 26th, 2014 at 7:16 am       nick3690 Says:

Jamie never talks about the funny nose/moustashe glasses in the book! Will that be in a future I Funny movie?

In a quick look at the internet I was unable to find a reference to any movie plans for I Funny. But there is an image of Mr. Patterson wearing the funny nose/mustache/glasses right at the top of his home page at http://www.jamespatterson.com — maybe he just likes them. Kate Davie

4. March 26th, 2014 at 7:14 am       ahavensrocks Says:

i love this book because its realy FUNNY

5. March 25th, 2014 at 8:06 am       Olivia Violet George Says:

I think this is a good,funny,awesome book. I think you shuold read it. I do not like the bully. But is still is the best book (my opinon) :)

6. March 19th, 2014 at 7:34 am       Horse Girl #1 Says:

I thought this book was very fun and funny to read!!!

7. March 18th, 2014 at 8:07 am       cool guy 1 Says:

amazing, this is one of the best books ive read.

How did it amaze you? Kate Davie

8. March 11th, 2014 at 12:52 pm       Anonymous Says:

I really liked the book and I thought that the jokes were funny! :)

9. March 7th, 2014 at 10:01 am       #DOOGIE DOG Says:

i love the book and i hope you read it too.

10. March 7th, 2014 at 10:01 am       Alpha-Anna Says:

When I read this book, I was immediatly addicted! I can’t believe how hilarious and upbeat it was! Love this book, make sure to read the sequels!

11. March 7th, 2014 at 9:58 am       gum girl Says:

I love this book so [Superfluous letters deleted. Kate Davie] much but I never got the jokes

12. March 7th, 2014 at 8:50 am       Bieber_girl_ Says:

LOL this book is seriously FUNNY!

13. February 22nd, 2014 at 4:05 pm       mily562 Says:

Jamie Grimm is a middle schooler on a mission: he wants to become the world’s greatest stand up comedian–even if he doesn’t have a lot to laugh about these days. He’s new in town and stuck living with his aunt, uncle, and their evil son Stevie, a bully who doesn’t let Jamie’s wheelchair stop him from messing with Jamie as much as possible. But Jamie doesn’t let his situation get him down. When his Uncle Frankie mentions a contest called The Planet’s Funniest Kid Comic, Jamie knows he has to enter. But are the judges only rewarding him out of pity because of his wheelchair, like Stevie suggests? Will Jamie ever share the secret of his troubled past instead of hiding behind his comedy act?

14. January 31st, 2014 at 11:48 am       DilaynBPIN Says:

I didn’t really like this book. The jokes aren’t that original, and when they are, the jokes would probably appeal to a primary student. This book had a lot of potential, but it was wasted. I’m not saying it’s bad, it’s just that the jokes don’t appeal to me.

Maybe Chomp, Three Times Lucky, or Ungifted would suit your sense of humor better. Kate Davie

15. January 31st, 2014 at 11:45 am       Cameronb Pin Says:

I think that this book had alot of potencail but was wasted. In this book the best thing that stuck out to me was the fact that they wasted all the chances for a good book and replaced them with fart and booger jokes. the only good joke in this book were famous jokes from comedains. The only thing that this book had going for it was the story line and depressing charicters. I might have liked this book if I were 9 but right now im 12.

Well, CameronB, lots of DCF readers have liked this book, but no single book works for everyone. Have you tried Three Times Lucky? That style of humor might suit you better, it has jokes about NPR. Kate Davie

16. January 30th, 2014 at 12:30 pm       rowanW pin Says:

This book was funny and an interesting veiw on the particular subject of being handicapped. The ather did a very good job at keeping the humor level up as well as having problems and not funny parts. The book makes you realize how much comedy can help with hard times and just people in general. You should definately read this. It was good enough to read out of school.

17. January 25th, 2014 at 12:57 pm       Izzy Mae Says:

This book is interesting it would be a great novel but I didn’t like it =0 =(

Hmm. What would have to happen for it to be a great novel? Would you like it if it were? Kate Davie

18. January 22nd, 2014 at 12:28 pm       Miggy Says:

I didn’t enjoy this book so I abandoned it but i wouldn’t discourage anyone for reading this book.

Fair enough. I’m glad that you understand that just because it didn’t work for you doesn’t mean it won’t work for other people — as the comments indicate! Kate Davie

19. January 22nd, 2014 at 7:44 am       mr. blowhole Says:

This book was amazing because the author made it so funny. He was so good at being funny all the time even in serious moments. I recommend it for anybody who likes to laugh!

20. January 17th, 2014 at 8:15 am       #CANTSTOPWONTSTOP Says:

I will be happy to post your opinion when you express it respectfully. Kate Davie

21. January 17th, 2014 at 8:12 am       RandomHobo Says:

Ok so let me get this straight.I agree with bashuruniverse #YOLOSWAGGINS and the doctor i hate people that actually write insults for boys in books.

I don’t think I noticed the insults for boys. Can you tell us where they are? What would happen if authors were never allowed to insult anyone in their books? Kate Davie

22. January 16th, 2014 at 8:09 am       The sixth grader Says:

If you like a book with a lot of laughs. Also it has a lot of humor. I thought it was funny.

23. January 15th, 2014 at 10:14 am       Olympic skier Says:

I thought this book was Hilarious! I couldn’t believe that laughter kept Jamie alive when the [Spoiler info deleted. Kate Davie] happened!

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Themes

Recent Comments