Bomb: The Race to Build – and Steal – the World’s Most Dangerous Weapon

June20

bombby Steve Sheinkin

A fast moving, suspense-filled account tells the story of the plotting, the risk-taking, the deceit, and genius that created the world’s most formidable weapon, the atomic bomb.

by posted under Bomb | 21 Comments »    
21 Comments to

“Bomb: The Race to Build – and Steal – the World’s Most Dangerous Weapon”

1. March 4th, 2014 at 10:59 am       futuremrszaslavski Says:

Normally I’m not a huge fan of nonfiction books, but this book was interesting and absorbing. I am also impressed with the author for finding so many quotes to make the book’s characters more realistic and vivid. Big fan of this book… also the last book on the list that i read- YAYY I READ THEM ALL :D Definitely a good way to end with a ‘bang’… Haha, get it, cause it’s about bombs…

2. January 31st, 2014 at 11:41 am       JacobB pin Says:

This book is one of the most informative I’ve ever read. The author tells you everything there is to know about the making of the atomic bomb.My favorite part of this book is how the author clearly states that any nuclear war would have major repercussions. I reccomend it for anybody interested in history or science.

3. January 30th, 2014 at 12:31 pm       AlecA Pin Says:

This book made me want to read again, it was a mystery and an action book about World War 2. This book showed me the struggles throughout World War 2. This book was about the courage to make the firsrt atomic bomb. In this book it showed that you have to make something quickly and correctly or you would die by your enemy. If you like suspenseful historicol fiction read this book.

4. January 29th, 2014 at 1:48 pm       Gymnast Girl Says:

I really want to read this book! It is not in my library but I want to get it somehow! It seems interesting by the comments above! I am so excited!

You might want to ask your librarian about borrowing it from another library on interlibrary loan. Kate Davie

5. January 17th, 2014 at 7:48 am       skydoesminecraft Says:

This book was very good. It was action packed. This guy in the book was an under cover spy and went in to a military compound and got information on the nuclear missile they were building. It was a very good book

6. January 16th, 2014 at 8:07 am       2H 3H 9H Says:

I thiNk that bomb would be a great book to read. It is actioN packed book aNd it is NoN fictioN so you caN get real iNformatioN from it. If you waNt to fiNd out what hapNed read it.

Are YOU going to read it? Kate Davie

7. January 10th, 2014 at 8:02 am       BajanCanadian Says:

Ermerger this sounds AWESOME!!

8. December 10th, 2013 at 12:15 pm       JC Says:

I think the book Bomb is extremely exciting and is a good read and beneficial to read. It is exciting and you do not know what is going to happen next. I feel it is a great book for young and old. It is an excellent read for people who like spies and war. There is always a feeling of suspense throughout the book. I think this book is also a little education about the events being talked about. It also states multiple historic events throughout the course of the book.

9. December 10th, 2013 at 12:09 pm       MasterDangles Says:

I found Bomb a very interesting book because it is full of historic events around World War II. I thought this book has neat facts about what happened to create the atomic bomb. While I was reading this book it could be suspenseful or easy-going. I recommend this book for people who are into history or just want to learn something about these events in World War II.

10. December 2nd, 2013 at 7:17 am       MHS Says:

This book sounds exactly like The Green Glass Sea, But that book was published like 10 yeas ago

It’s true that both books are about the Manhattan Project, but The Green Glass Sea was fiction,and told from the point of view of one fictional character. This title is nonfiction, and takes a much more comprehensive view. Kate Davie

11. November 21st, 2013 at 2:41 pm       jabby12345 Says:

It was a little sad, but I liked it. It definitely won’t win my vote, but I think a lot of people really like it.

12. November 15th, 2013 at 7:52 am       mhs Says:

the book is awesome

In what way? Kate Davie

13. November 15th, 2013 at 7:52 am       mhs Says:

bomb was a good book

Would you be willing to say why? Kate Davie

14. November 15th, 2013 at 7:11 am       MHSReadall30 Says:

This book is amazing!!!!!!! While you read it you can’t believe it’s fiction. I usually hate non-fiction but this is different. I can’t explain it more than that, you just have to trust me.

15. November 15th, 2013 at 7:08 am       mhs-KT Says:

I read almost 20 pages, but I didn’t really like it. It is long and hard and I thought it was boring and overrated. I think it should not be part the DCF list.

Well, no book is for everybody! If you would like to make suggestions for next year’s list, please visit the DCF web site, there is a place there for students to nominate books to the list. Kate Davie

16. November 15th, 2013 at 6:53 am       Anonymous Says:

This book was written very well. A lot of times biographies are boring, but Steve Sheinkin turned it into an adventure book!

17. November 5th, 2013 at 10:59 am       NTJ Says:

A really good book!

What was the best part? Kate Davie

18. October 28th, 2013 at 11:27 am       Stephen Martin Says:

I really want to read this book but never have time to read something. Bomb looks like a really good book but like I said never have time! The reason I can’t is because of my homework!

How about reading a little bit every day while you are flossing your teeth? Or, persuade a teacher (English OR history) to give you extra credit for reading it. Then it will have the priority of homework! Kate Davie

19. October 28th, 2013 at 11:23 am       elliot Says:

read it its the best book i’ve ever read!

That is quite a recommendation! Does anyone else feel that way? Kate Davie

20. September 26th, 2013 at 10:13 am       wkbb:mtbvt Says:

I would like to know if this book is any good so if you have read this please reply

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Themes

Recent Comments