After Eli

June20

after eliby Rebecca Rupp

After the death of his older brother, Daniel Anderson became engrossed in recording details about dead people, how they died, and whether their deaths mattered, but he is eventually drawn back into interaction with the living.

by posted under After Eli | 23 Comments »    
23 Comments to

“After Eli”

1. April 3rd, 2014 at 10:46 am       Justhatgamer Says:

I started reading this book not to long ago, and so far it’s pretty good, but it doesn’t top my favorite books so far (The Cavendish home and Fourmile) but it’s not bad so far. I hope it gets better though, and the swears in this book are quite consistant but once again I don’t mind. I think this can be a pretty decent book.

I think this book is remarkably realistic, and I think the swear words are there to make the characters who use them more believable. Decent all the way! Kate Davie

2. March 31st, 2014 at 8:17 am       squigle Says:

After Eli is a very good book because Eli has a lot going on in his life. It is very sad because Eli’s brother dies. If you want a interesting book then After Eli is the book for you.

3. March 23rd, 2014 at 9:43 am       Wyatt Says:

After Eli is kind of a sad book but I really liked it. He did the last thing i would expect around the end of the book in Eli’s room. over all it is an excellent book that i would recommend to anybody who is interested in realistic fictional books.

4. March 18th, 2014 at 8:06 am       1h2h3h Says:

this is such a good book i xant wait to vote for my favorite i already read all of the dcf books yay

Are you going to vote for this one? Kate Davie

5. March 11th, 2014 at 12:58 pm       puppy#1 Says:

I love this book. I’m not completely done but it rocks so far.

6. February 8th, 2014 at 4:58 pm       Library Geek Says:

I really didn’t like After Eli. The excessive usage of swears really ticked me off. I liked the fact that Simon played the oboe, because I do! Once again, I really didn’t like the use of so many swears.

I thought that After Eli created a realistic picture of modern Vermont and the people that live in it. There were many details that contributed to that realism, and I guess the swear words may have been part of that. But there are plenty of other books on the list that are free of swear words, so there is still lots of reading you can do! Kate Davie

7. January 30th, 2014 at 12:29 pm       EmmalineB Pinnacle Says:

This is one of my all time favorite books! I personally love realistic fiction. This book was definitely sad and dark, but you will not be able to put it down. Once you begin reading this book you will not want to stop reading it. This book is best for older readers. You have to read this book if you don’t mind sad depressing books about a young boy that is recovering from his brothers death.

8. January 29th, 2014 at 12:29 pm       Lucas H. Says:

I really enjoyed this book but I think it wasn’t that interesting in the middle of the book.

I liked every single page, but everyone gets to have their own opinion! I think the character development that happens in the middle is important. Kate Davie

9. January 27th, 2014 at 11:02 am       bob 123 Says:

I hope to get the time to read this book. It sound’s and look’s like a really good book.

Not only does it look and sound like a good book, it IS a good book! It would be worth taking a time management course just so that you would have enough time to read it. Kate Davie

10. January 16th, 2014 at 7:57 am       Malexic Says:

It was a really well written story about a boy whose brother is killed and about his life afterwards. Also his parents forget about him, well at least his mom does. He has a hard time at school, but he makes new friends and enjous them until the end.

What do you think makes Daniel change the most in this book? Kate Davie

11. January 8th, 2014 at 8:24 am       Ginger Snaps Says:

I personally thought that this book “After Eli,” was an amazing! The author had very good detail and the author described the characters amazingly! I can see why it is rated 7th grade and up.

12. December 17th, 2013 at 9:10 am       1h2h3h Says:

This book is amazing though it was so sad I think the author should make a second book!

This book doesn’t have a sequel, at least not right now, but Ms. Rupp has written lots of other books you might enjoy. Ask your librarian to help you track them down. Kate Davie

13. December 9th, 2013 at 6:03 pm       Gymnast Girl Says:

I think this book is great if you like more grownup books. I couldn’t get my nose out of this book once I started. This book touched my heart. I might vote for it.

14. December 6th, 2013 at 12:06 pm       Madeleine Parzyck Says:

I cried…..

From the fabulous Magenta
    See ya!! *kiss kiss*

15. December 4th, 2013 at 11:21 am       AthenaGirl Says:

This was a really engrossing,interesting book.It isn’t on my list of books I might vote for but I really enjoyed it!

16. December 4th, 2013 at 11:19 am       AthenaGirl Says:

demigod,I’ve read 22!

You go, girl! Kate Davie

17. November 21st, 2013 at 3:07 pm       jabby12345 Says:

I believe that this book is really more for older kids, and it’s kind of sad, but it might help you deal with a death of someone close to you. I think that the death book thing is a little creepy, but it’s a cool way to deal with a death in your family.

18. November 18th, 2013 at 10:45 am       ladybuglady Says:

loved it!!!!
    great book for people who like that more grownup book.

19. November 12th, 2013 at 12:54 pm       Aphrodite Says:

I loved this book It really touched my heart!!!! It was pretty sad, but it was still good!! :)

20. November 6th, 2013 at 4:30 pm       Rocky'smom Says:

This book was amazing! For those who haven’t read it yet, read it!!!

Can you give us some details about why it’s amazing? Kate Davie

21. July 26th, 2013 at 1:50 pm       Library Geek Says:

Hi! I’m only just starting.I haven’t read any of the books yet because I couldn’t find my list. I’m excited to start!
    Library Geek

Let us know what you think when you have tracked one down! — Kate Davie

22. June 29th, 2013 at 1:09 pm       demigod Says:

No, chomp is no longer my favorite. I think that Laugh with the moon is!

23. June 26th, 2013 at 3:17 pm       demigod Says:

This book is really good but kind of sad. Out of the six dcf books ive read so far I think id have a of trouble voting. There all so good!

Wow, demigod, you are really ripping through the list! Is Chomp still your favorite? — Kate Davie

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Themes

Recent Comments